Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So here is the reply to my PFD letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here is the reply to my PFD letter.

RE: CONSUMER DISPUTE

Recently, our office received a dispute from  you about a collection on your credit file.

In order to process this dispute, please provide the following information:

1. Identify the specific item of information that is in dispute.
2. Explain the basis for the dispute.
3. Include all supporting documentation to substatntiate the basis of the dispute.

Once the requested information/documentation is received, your dispute will be processed.

Sincerely,
Rhonda

I am contemplating a reply along these lines:

Dear Rhonda,

Thank you for acknowledging that you have received my letter disputing the debt you are reporting.

In my original communication, I provided you the information available to me on my credit report, namely that you claim I owe you a debt of $38.00. Since your letter dated July 16, 2007 was the first communication I have received from you regarding this matter, I am submitting no documentation regarding this debt. On the contrary, I am requesting documentation from you. In accordance with FDCPA I request immediate validation of this debt.

I await your reply,

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

Send it CMRRR and then immediately dispute with the credit bureau?

Edit: My thought upon reading this was:

1. They are trying to stall for time.
2. WTF, they want me to prove I DON'T owe something?
3. I'm not sending them a **bleep** thing or one red cent until I see whatever it is that they claim I owe.

Message Edited by StartingFresh on 07-19-2007 06:36 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So here is the reply to my PFD letter.

Send the Dispute CMRR same day.

Rob
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The letters that I have seen like this one. They are basically stalling. Don't provide them with any information. They are the ones that should be able to validate it under the FDCPA.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

who the heck is the CA that sent that to you. I hope it is the same one Im working on.  lmao
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:
who the heck is the CA that sent that to you. I hope it is the same one Im working on.  lmao

CBCS Collections.

Seemed weird and a bit shady.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take that as...So sorry but who are you? we don't have any records!  lmao
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.