Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long Equifax Complete Premier service

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

So long Equifax Complete Premier service

I was in the midst of a $5 30 day trial of the Equifax Complete Premier monitoring service when the went public with the data breach in Sept. 2017, and they continued the service free of charge ever since. Well, until today, when I received an email my service had been cancelled - their Happy Veterans Day gift I guess. I logged in and all reporting is gone, with recommendations of EQ services I can purchase. Not going to happen, I wouldn't recommend an Equifax monitoring service to anyone.

First of all the credit score they give you is one of their own making, it's not Fico and not Vantage, just an Equifax creation. The last score EQ gave me was 739 yesterday, the last triple pull score I got on 11/3 gave me a Fico8 score of 719 for EQ a little 20 point difference between EQ and a real credit score. Besides the worthless score the EQ report they give has the same detail & info that Credit Karma gives you for free.

So, it was worth the price I paid while it lasted. I guess Equifax feels they have atoned for being asleep at the wheel and letting whoever it was steal the personal info of most adult Americans, so now they want you to pay for any of their services. Not going to happen, I'm still waiting on the probable 50 cents I'll get from their settlement. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: So long Equifax Complete Premier service

Equihack equisux;(
Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

And the hits keep comming . . .

I'd kinds forgotten a year or so Equifax proudly informed me the were giving me free IdNofify "credit monitoring". ID Notify is one of Experian's basic service that gives you the ability to lock & unlock EX and gives basic alerts for new accounts, inquiries and changes in credit limits. But it allowed me to cancel my Experian Identity Works service, the only credit service I had to pay for the lock/unlock a credit report service. 

Well, this morning I get an email that my ID Notify service has been canceled, with no explanation or detail, along with an email from Experian that my credit report was now unlocked, presumably because ID Notify had been canceled. Gee, thanks again Equifax. I had to sign up for a new EX Identity Works service to re-lock EX. Smiley Mad

I avoid using the word "hate", I think it's often over used, and hate is one of the most damaging of human emotions. So let me just say:

Equifax, let me count the ways I loathe thee. You so richly deserve being put out of business, and I will dance on your grave when they do.

Message 3 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

With that said I finally signed up for TU's free monitoring due to the C1 breach. They too do not provide FICO scores. I thought I'd at least be able to see real time updates to my accounts instead of waiting on a slow myFICO alert  I have plenty of places to get daily TU updates with a V3 score but assumed I'd see updates even sooner on with TU. Very surprised to find out I received account updates on WalletHub before the TU site updated. 

How the HE!! does that happen?  "It's your information.  Why is someone else providing your information before YOU!?"  It will auto expire in a year but I don't see any reason to even check this site.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Trudy- Is that TU's TrueIdenity? Yeah it's pretty much useless for anything other than to lock/unlock TU. But a free TU Fico8 score is the most common free score I get, I get it monthly from Bank of America and Discover and every couple months from Barclays. I used to get monthly TU Fico scores from my Paypal MC & Lowes, but now Synchrony provides TU Vantage 4 scores.

And I get free monthly EX Fico8 scores from Amex and Discover Scoreboard. A free EQ Fico score is the hardest to get which is why I originally signed for Equifax Complete Premier, before I realized the score they provide is one of their own imagination making.

Message 5 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Yep, it's TrueIdentity and Yep, useless.  I opened my first Synchrony acct 2 months ago so I only had 1 month of receiving a FICO score before switching to V4.  WF provides me an EX classic F9 score monthly but the rest of my cards only provide TU V3.

A free EQ score is quite elusive.  They could probably redeem themselves a bit if their subscription provided a FICO score.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.