cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoFi: Easiest and QUICKEST experience for a personal loan.

tag
Supawest
Valued Member

SoFi: Easiest and QUICKEST experience for a personal loan.

I've never had such an easy experience with a lender in my life. I wanted to consolidate my credit card debt into a simple easy low interest payment (my cc APR was between 18 and 20%). I received a solicitation from Prosper but decided to go with SoFi after doing some research in these forums. I saw a lot of positive reviews so decided to take the plunge. I filled out the application Monday night, was approved on Tuesday for $20k (which is what I asked for) @ 9% APR, and woke up Wednesday morning with the full amount in my account. The only way I could imagine this process being any quicker was if I had applied for the loan Monday morning instead of at 10 pm at night when their offices were closed. They gave me a call on Tuesday to welcome me and check to see if I had any questions which I thought was a nice touch. This was by far the easiest process I've been through for a personal loan. I applied for one at my local credit union last week Wednesday and it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back. I no longer need it since SoFi has already funded me so they might as well just forget it at this point. Just thought it was only right to share my experience since others doing so prompted me to give these guys a try. So thank you!

Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 770 EQ 771 TU 780
Goal Score: 820 across

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SoFi: Easiest and QUICKEST experience for a personal loan.

I concur.  Applied on a Thursday, approved Friday, money in my account Monday morning.

$80k personal loan to consolidate CC debt.  Fico ranges 690 to 734.  $200k income.  Payments dropped from ~$1700 to $1250 and changed payoff timeframe from essentially infinite to 7 years.

Incredible.

Message 2 of 6
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Supawest wrote:
@I've never had such an easy experience with a lender in my life. I wanted to consolidate my credit card debt into a simple easy low interest payment (my cc APR was between 18 and 20%). I received a solicitation from Prosper but decided to go with SoFi after doing some research in these forums. I saw a lot of positive reviews so decided to take the plunge. I filled out the application Monday night, was approved on Tuesday for $20k (which is what I asked for) @ 9% APR, and woke up Wednesday morning with the full amount in my account. The only way I could imagine this process being any quicker was if I had applied for the loan Monday morning instead of at 10 pm at night when their offices were closed. They gave me a call on Tuesday to welcome me and check to see if I had any questions which I thought was a nice touch. This was by far the easiest process I've been through for a personal loan. I applied for one at my local credit union last week Wednesday and it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back. I no longer need it since SoFi has already funded me so they might as well just forget it at this point. Just thought it was only right to share my experience since others doing so prompted me to give these guys a try. So thank you!

Congratulations on the consolidation. Now would be a good time to make a buget, and start PIF all credit cards.Smiley Happy

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love SoFi, mine was quick as well.
Message 4 of 6
Supawest
Valued Member

😊 Absolutely! I paid every card off in full as soon as I saw the funds came in. My wife and I have sat down and created a budget prior, which is why we decided to go the consolidation route. We bought a new home last fall and went crazy with furniture, appliances and updates to the house. Needless to say we've locked away all the cards 😂 

Message 5 of 6
Supawest
Valued Member

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.