Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Pull from Bofa...any reason?

tag
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Soft Pull from Bofa...any reason?

Im going over my credit reports and it appears that Bofa did a soft pull in Feb of this year.( saw this on EX)

I have a $300 card, no lates, perfect history and all that.

Just curious if this has to do with the credit industry as a whole. But my CL is only 300....aren't I just a little fish in the ocean to them? LOL

Just makes me wonder, that's all.  This is why I fear that  "request a credit line increase" option that talks to me. Smiley Wink

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Soft Pull from Bofa...any reason?

It's not unusual for a creditor to do a periodic account review of a customer. I see those on my reports from time to time.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I see soft pulls (account reviews) from all my creditors. It is nothing to be concerned about.

Message 3 of 8
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Ok, thanks for the reassurance. But may I ask why they do this, if Im in good standing? Do they just want to make sure their customers arent over extending themselves?

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. I get them too. In fact from BofA, they hit at least every other month..for me anyway.

They are looking to make sure you don't have any added baddies or overextending yourself on your other TLs.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They may additionally be done for positive reasons, such as considering you for offer on their part of a CL increase, or maybe "convenience checks."  These are automated reviews, and usually arent done to "single you out."

Nothing to be concerned about.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA pulled EQ for DH's account.  However, they have softed him on all three CRA's since opening his account last July.

Message 7 of 8
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I just hear all the negative reports about Bofa and get nervous.  This is my oldest active account and dont want them shutting it down.

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.