Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft vs hard pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft vs hard pulls

My fico just added 2 inquiries but nothing were deducted. However, credit karma knocked off like 3 points from my scores for each added inquiry. I am confused as to if myfico is consider soft pulls while credit karma hard pulls? Isnt both supposed to report the same pulls?

P.s. I am know that credit karma scores are fake and only following to keep up with updates.

4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Soft vs hard pulls

@Anonymous wrote:
My fico just added 2 inquiries but nothing were deducted. However, credit karma knocked off like 3 points from my scores for each added inquiry. I am confused as to if myfico is consider soft pulls while credit karma hard pulls? Isnt both supposed to report the same pulls?

P.s. I am know that credit karma scores are fake and only following to keep up with updates.

Score changes due to HP is very profile dependent, thin profiles tend to get hit the hardest by them. People have also reported that after X number of HP their score doesn't change when adding more. for me personally last HP I took caused a 2 point change in scores.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trans: 3 inquiries, equifax: 11
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Works off the Vantage score which is the real bully with recent accounts in recent history. Although not the same type of score the lenders out there the weight is there and should always be considered.
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't worry too much about what CK's results were for the inquiries, compared to the Ficos. As mentioned, each profile is different, as are the effects from different changes to the reports. They both should be reporting the same info though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.