Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some TU Vantage Weirdness

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Some TU Vantage Weirdness

Almost put this in the smorgasboard because I don’t want i t taken too seriously - I am not obsessing over Vantage scores. 

Yesterday I looked at September 1 scores.  Wallethub shows I LOST 65 points in one day from 656 to 591 on TU Vantage 3.

No other scores (TU FICOs, EX Ficos, TU Vantage 4s)  saw a change like this.)

I have not dug in to see if there is data behind the drop, I will do that in a couple days when I do a comprehensive pull and review and have more time.  I almost think there is a data issue with TU or Wallethub or something, but on the other hand I had one new account and a new TU INQ in Sep which V3 may have pushed over a hate threshold.

TU Vantage 3: 591

TU Vantage 4: 659

Weird.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Some TU Vantage Weirdness

@BallBounces wrote:

Almost put this in the smorgasboard because I don’t want i t taken too seriously - I am not obsessing over Vantage scores. 

Yesterday I looked at September 1 scores.  Wallethub shows I LOST 65 points in one day from 656 to 591 on TU Vantage 3.

No other scores (TU FICOs, EX Ficos, TU Vantage 4s)  saw a change like this.)

I have not dug in to see if there is data behind the drop, I will do that in a couple days when I do a comprehensive pull and review and have more time.  I almost think there is a data issue with TU or Wallethub or something, but on the other hand I had one new account and a new TU INQ in Sep which V3 may have pushed over a hate threshold.

TU Vantage 3: 591

TU Vantage 4: 659

Weird.

Vantage 3 did'nt work, so let's bounce another ball and see if Vantage 4 is any better?, Get prepared for Vantage 5, 6&7Smiley Surprised

#FakoHateThreshold

Message 2 of 16
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Yep.

Assuming there is nothing wonky in the data, it shows another weakness in all the current models I am aware of (to at least some degree).  Nothing changes except a single calendar day and yet a score drops 65 points.  One second the scores is Z, literally the next second it is Z-65. 

Smiley LOL

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 16
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Sep 4:  591

Sep 5:  613 (+22)

The only change is an added inquiry yesterday  from 7 to 8.   Smiley Wink

Seems Vantage 3 is micro date specific.   A new account might have aged to a month exactly on Sep 5?  V3 will give you whiplash.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

V3 is the rapid cycling bipolar credit score. 😂 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check for TU SPs?
Message 6 of 16
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

nope. 

I probably have a daily TU soft Pull.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 7 of 16
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

My last collection account was removed from my reports in May of this year. My FICO scores increased 20-50 points (TU was the big jump) where they still sit (or have increased).

My Vantage (3) DROPPED by 70. Where they still sit. My TU FICO was 706, Vantage 626.

Fur real, bro?

And I wouldn’t care at all but a couple of my Synchrony CLI denial letters have said my score is 630. Are they actually USING Vantage scores in addition to displaying them?
Message 8 of 16
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@I_Love_Cards wrote:
My last collection account was removed from my reports in May of this year. My FICO scores increased 20-50 points (TU was the big jump) where they still sit (or have increased).

My Vantage (3) DROPPED by 70. Where they still sit. My TU FICO was 706, Vantage 626.

Fur real, bro?

And I wouldn’t care at all but a couple of my Synchrony CLI denial letters have said my score is 630. Are they actually USING Vantage scores in addition to displaying them?

Check the dates of the scores on those denials too.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

nope. 

I probably have a daily TU soft Pull.

Those frequent account reviews are like a slow drip on your CRs. Not sure if VS counts those or above a certain threshold.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.