Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some TU Vantage Weirdness

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some TU Vantage Weirdness

Last week I was notified by FICO that my Transunion score dropped by 65 points. I cannot find any changes in my TU file and there has been no change in the Experian or Equifax. Very strange.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week I was notified by FICO that my Transunion score dropped by 65 points. I cannot find any changes in my TU file and there has been no change in the Experian or Equifax. Very strange.

A 65 point drop is significant, indicative of a significant profile change.  You'll definitely want to find what it is. 

Message 12 of 16
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Sorry-i can’t quote on mobile. I’m responding to checking dates on denials. I haven’t seen the date for the score in the letters. I do know that the scores that have been listed in my denial letters tracked fairly closely with my FICO8 until July/August. My June denials had a 700+ score, the late July/August denials have the 630. That’s what makes me think perhaps they are actually using the Vantage? Who knows. My FICO hasn’t been 630-something in 12 months (and I have gotten denials from Synchrony since then using newer scores).
Message 13 of 16
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

The day I applied for an auto refi my TU VS3 score was 590. The score on my approved loan application was 721. VS3 is garbage and I wish people (and lenders) would just ignore it.
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 14 of 16
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you check for TU SPs?

nope. 

I probably have a daily TU soft Pull.

Those frequent account reviews are like a slow drip on your CRs. Not sure if VS counts those or above a certain threshold.

No. They can't - SPs aren't visible except to YOU, and cannot factor into scoring.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 15 of 16
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier comment.

On September 10th, I made a payment on my Amazon card, signed up for the Vantage score display, and requested a CLI.

My vantage score that day showed as 646. TU08 was 694.

Synchrony gave me most of the CLI I requested. Today I got my letter due to the portion they didn’t approve.

Credit score on letter: 646
Date of score on letter: 9/10/19.

Reasons listed on letter: all match up exactly to the Vantage score report (which are heavy on references to not enough paid off on real estate and other loans) vs Fico reason codes (heavy on the past delinquency/credit seeking). These are listed as the reason for the decision and the factors affecting my score.

So for me, for my amazon card, Synchrony is actually using the Vantage 4 for credit decisions.

I requested a couple other Synch CLI that day - I will see what score is listed on those letters.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.