cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some changes to CreditCheckTotal's score simulator?

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Some changes to CreditCheckTotal's score simulator?

Is it just me or did they add some new "what ifs" to the score simulator? I see "Age your credit report" & "Miss a payment by 90 days". I haven't checked that page in a minute, so don't know how new it is, but I like more choices for the score simulator page, assuming it's somewhat close to what would happen. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some changes to CreditCheckTotal's score simulator?

Simulators are garbage.  All of them.  Every last one.

That's all I've got.

Message 2 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

hehehehhehe

Message 3 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I've noticed these as well.

Simulators have been accurate for me, provided I stick to my scenario and not add/change items I'm trying to simulate. 

I can't run a simulation of  how my score will change if I pay down X amount of dollars on my credit cards for six months AND expect it to be accurate(ish) if I then turn around and app for new cards or HP CLIs after the fact.

Ceteris paribus 

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only score simulator that can provide simulation of FICO scores is the one provided by Fair Isaac.  And that simulator is intenitionally broad.

They use an abbreviated version that does not permit full simulation, but it is based on their own proprietary algorithms.

The problem is not that FICO cannot simulate its own scoring, it is that they must keep the simulations broad in order to protect their proprietary trade secred from reverse engineering.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have yet to see a simulator that takes into account more than 10, maybe 15 pieces of profile data.  Everyone's profile has hundreds of pieces of data, and when considered with respect to one another there are an infinite amount of data pieces that result in whatever score you have.  There is no realistic way that a simulator after asking you maybe 10 questions can be at all accurate with respect to an infinite amount of pieces of data with respect to one another.  This is why I say simulators are garbage.  All of them.  Sure, sometimes they "get it right" and for those people they seem to swear by simulators because that's all they know.  For others (like myself) they can be obnoxiously inaccurate. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.