cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somebody Anybody... ofcourse that knows what do to best.

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Somebody Anybody... ofcourse that knows what do to best.

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico 8 Scores EQ 559 TU 570 EX573

AAoA 6yr 1 mo

AooA 12Yr 4 mo

Military Star Card (Charged off)

Bal 3775$

Credit Limit 3150$

NO pay since Feb 2018

NFCU (Charge off) Repo

bal 5,517$

doesn't post the credit limit

started 30 days late may 2018

NFCU ( Charge off)

Bal 4830$

30 days late since May 2018

NFCU 

6x 30 day late may 2016

3x 60 days late

NFCU ( Charge off)

Bal 3719

credit limit 4000

no pay since Aug 2018

Pioneer/Mac Inc

1x 30 and 1x 60 day late 2017

Pioneer/Mac Inc

bal 5193$

starts 30 days late on jan 2019 co starts jun and no reports after jun 2019

Usaa (charge off)

Bal 1302$

Credit Limit 1000$

CO since Feb 2018

Your first course of action is to get these charge-offs paid, either in full or settled, so they can be updated to reflect a $0 balance and all further negative updates can cease.  This will allow the derogatory accounts to age and your scores recover (though charge-offs will continue to hurt till they fall off).   Charge-offs with outstanding balances also factor into your overall revolving utilization - adding further scoring penalties.    All of these are also fairly recent - so it's in your best interest to get them taken care of asap to prevent lawsuits/judgments.

If you plan to have a relationship with any of the creditors that have charged-off (perhaps NFCU or USAA),  it is generally best to pay those debts in full, if possible.  NFCU is known to reestablish a lending relationship with someone that has previously defaulted if they are paid in full.   That said, I understand NFCU sent you a settlement -- is that $4900 for the entire $16K debt?  If so, I absolutely think it's worth taking and maybe try to reestablish a lending relationship several years down the road (if interested). 

Unfortunately,  original creditors aren't in the habit of removing their tradelines - but it is possible.  While paying them and having them updated to reflect payment will help and your scores will increase over time, the mere existence of charged-off accounts will keep your scores suppressed.    Once all are paid and updated on your reports, you can begin a Goodwill campaign to the creditors in attempt to have them removed as an act of good faith -- it may take more than one attempt - it may take several attempts over several months, but if successful, it's worth the effort.

The Pioneer/MAC Inc.  tradelines -- what are they?  Are they a type of loan or revolving account?  Collections? 

Do you have any open accounts in good standing?  

Excellent advice to OP Thornback. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 31 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Somebody Anybody... ofcourse that knows what do to best.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay guys and gals, I'm at my wits end. I've been paying 100's of dollars a month or credit repair company each month and seeing little to no help in my credit each month. 

I would just like to point out, if it's not already painfully obvious. That this rarely ever helps anyone, there's no quick way to repair your credit by paying for it.  Anything they can do, you can do yourself for free.

You came to the right place though, there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here that can assist you.

Good luck working with lenders on a solution to your situation!

Ditto! And cancel that service TODAY!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.