Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spook Lenders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spook Lenders?

Does installment loans (in good standing of course) spook existing lenders and future lenders?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spook Lenders?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does installment loans (in good standing of course) spook existing lenders and future lenders?

There has to be a reason why you asked.  May I ask why?  Installment loans generally don't spook lenders when in good standing.  Unless one has say "50 installment loans" and file is manually being reviewed, then a question might be asked as to why all these installment loans.

Remember, in some cases, business owners seeking small loans and have to persoanlly guarantee will have several loans on their reports... So most lenders aren't spooked by it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously out of curiosity. I have 3 on my reports, a SoFI for 25K, and a small CU loan and auto.

All in great standing, no negs at all. Just wondered how lenders look at them when obtaining revolving credit.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It represents obligated debt.

It would likely depend upon whether they are also doing a debt to income ratio analysis as part of their evaluation, and then upon how much it affected that ratio.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.