Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint continues to send me to Collections and it is not my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sprint continues to send me to Collections and it is not my account

In 2016, i received a collection notice from Sprint (via IC Systems), i immediately called Sprint as i am not a Sprint customer.  I actually have worked for AT&T for over 10 years.  I spoke to a Sprint rep and they asked me some security questions and informed me that is definately is not my account.  The account was opened in Colorado and i live in Atl.  Plus, with me working for AT&T, it was a clincher.  The account was removed from my CR's. Then late last year (2017) i received another collection notice from DIversified, i disputed on all Credit Reports and contacted a credit repair laywer--stating the same as above.  This was not my account.  I even sent a notorized letter saying it was not me. The collection was removed from the CR's.  Each time my credit score took a hit and when the collection was removed, my credit score never went back to where it was before.  Now, i am trying to refi my house and the collection is back on my account as of yesterday.  My credit score dropped - i was just about to hit 730 and now, i am back in the high 500's.  I am SOOOO frustrated and my house refi is in jeopardy.  Do i have any recourse other than just disputing?  Normally, i would not even consider suing as an option, but i am frustrated, this collection is NOT me and i am just going in circles while my credit score goes down.  Do i have any options other than disputing AGAIN. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Sprint continues to send me to Collections and it is not my account

File a police report for indentity theft.  Things get removed differently if police report is included.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.