tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Started my tradeline

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So im pretty excited, I started my new tradeline with ShopSimplio and got approved for a 10,000 credit line. They did a hard inquiry to my equifax, it reported pretty quick. I've already ordered some cool gadgets, i think its a really cool way to build your credit and im looking forward to see how this goes, i will keep you guys posted as well! Smiley Happy So far I would reccommend them.

Please

1. pay it off

2. stop using it

3. next time, before you jump in and sign up for something to improve your credit,

check with us first

1. pay it off - WHY?

2. stop using it - WHY?

3. next time, before you jump in and sign up for something to improve your credit,

check with us first - WHY?

Because this is an exploitive kind of outfit which takes advantage of vulnerable people.  Next time, we can guide you toward more reputable types of lenders.

+11

Why you ask? Did you not read any of the responses in this thread? These cards are for overpriced junk that you buy, this card can only be used for buying their crap. There are much better reputable cards and avenues you can take to build/rebuild.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 21 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. I was approved for $3500, not 10K

2. Even american express has a yearly membership fee on some of their cards Amex has many many perks and can be used anywhere and is a reputable bank not a catalog card, no comparison there at all

3. MyJewelrsclub is x3x4 times the same price on amazon yet it is highly popular I seriously doubt that

4. my score jumped 15pts since it was reported

In your very first post, copied below, you said you were approved for $10K

@Anonymous wrote:

So im pretty excited, I started my new tradeline with ShopSimplio and got approved for a 10,000 credit line

So JoyfulJohnson, you have been given some excellent advice from members on this forum. Of course, it’s up to you whether you want to follow it or not.

GL2U. 

We have all tried but as appears the OP isn't taking our friendly advice.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 22 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. I was approved for $3500, not 10K

2. Even american express has a yearly membership fee on some of their cards Amex has many many perks and can be used anywhere and is a reputable bank not a catalog card, no comparison there at all

3. MyJewelrsclub is x3x4 times the same price on amazon yet it is highly popular I seriously doubt that

4. my score jumped 15pts since it was reported

In your very first post, copied below, you said you were approved for $10K

@Anonymous wrote:

So im pretty excited, I started my new tradeline with ShopSimplio and got approved for a 10,000 credit line

So JoyfulJohnson, you have been given some excellent advice from members on this forum. Of course, it’s up to you whether you want to follow it or not.

GL2U. 

We have all tried but as appears the OP isn't taking our friendly advice.

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely understand what you guys are saying.

My Credit score is low after Bankruptcy and i rather have a $100 a year on a "Card" than spend $3500 "Away" on a secure credit card.

What would you have recommended instead?

Message 24 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I completely understand what you guys are saying.

My Credit score is low after Bankruptcy and i rather have a $100 a year on a "Card" than spend $3500 "Away" on a secure credit card.

What would you have recommended instead?

It really depends on your datapoints. If credit profile is sketchy--baddies, low scores, etc.--more than likely we would have offered ways to clean up your credit profile first. Then, we would have suggested a secured card starting out to get you re-established and then go from there.

There is a great Rebuilding Forum (the one @Remedios recommended) and also a Bankruptcy Forum, both found in "Bouncing Back From Credit Problems" for members in your situation who wants advice on re-establishing their credit. So for the timebeing, I suggest that you visit those forums and learn all that you can about how to start creating a great profile.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.