Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State employees credit union not reporting to transun

tag
bbeaver2013
Contributor

State employees credit union not reporting to transun

I currently have mine and my wife's auto loans with state employees credit union and I also have a 3k credit card with them. However for some reason their not reporting to transunion and I believe my score is lower because of this. I do have 4 other credit cards and a student loan reporting but that's it. All of my credit cards are at a 0 balance reporting so I will probably have to let one of them report a small balance since my transunion score dropped. I am planning to buy my first home by august of next year and I'm afraid that my score will be low on there.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: State employees credit union not reporting to transun

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I currently have mine and my wife's auto loans with state employees credit union and I also have a 3k credit card with them. However for some reason their not reporting to transunion and I believe my score is lower because of this. I do have 4 other credit cards and a student loan reporting but that's it. All of my credit cards are at a 0 balance reporting so I will probably have to let one of them report a small balance since my transunion score dropped. I am planning to buy my first home by august of next year and I'm afraid that my score will be low on there.

Are you looking at your mortgage scores?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 7
bbeaver2013
Contributor

These are my mortgage scores as of 7/6/21These are my mortgage scores as of 7/6/21

Message 3 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

These are my mortgage scores as of 7/6/21These are my mortgage scores as of 7/6/21

It appears that TU is actually your highest score. As for your question, you'd have to call and ask SECU if they can report to TU. But, they aren't required to.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

They may not report to TU.   There is no law that says a company has to report to all 3.   There have been some cases here where other creditors do not report to all 3 CB's. 

Message 5 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Greetings fellow Carolinian -

I asked a friend (since I am a member of SECU, but don't have any loans/products through them) and they said that their SECU account isn't on TU either, so it might just be a SECU thing.    At least as far as positive accounts are concerned.

Good luck with the mortgage!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 7
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I believe I should be fine with my other cards reporting. Can't wait till next year I'll finally become a home owner. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.