Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Ohio Tax Judgement resolved vis Ohio Attorney General

tag
Toolman

State of Ohio Tax Judgement resolved vis Ohio Attorney General

Hello Everyone,

I'm hope someone can give me some advise on getting a tax Judgement and Satisfication of Release removed from credit report.

I recently satisfied a tax judgement in Ohio through the Ohio Attorney General. The court  record is updated with the Release. Equifax and Experian have it reported correctly, but not shown at all on Transunion.

For a year prior to the lien, I was in a monthly payment agreement through an Ohio Attorney General appointed attorney. I was never past due on any payment, nor did I recieve any warning that this lien would be filed.

When the lien was I filed, I paid the balance in in less than 30 days.

I have the folowing:

The pay history with the attorney showing that the account was current when the lien was filed and at all other times.

The Release of Judgement

All the court documentation

I'm a little concerned about throwing all this info all at the same time.

I also have another document that the OAG sent me. This letter contains the statement "We have no objections to the records of (me) being adjusted to reflect this matter as paid-in-full and any reference to the lien as more specifically described below being expunged from his records."

My questions are:

1) Does anyone think the letter from the OAG has any weight in helping to get the lien expunged from my credit report?

(2) What would be the best way for me to proceed in trying to get the lien and released from credit report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: State of Ohio Tax Judgement resolved vis Ohio Attorney General

If the state is now admiting that the lien was improper, and yet they have a judgment for its satisfaction, along with satisfaction filed with the judgment court, my question is , why does the state not motion the court for vacating the judgment due to their error in recording the lien?

Lack of indebetness would render the judgment improper.

Only the judgment court can vacate the judgment, so it would appear that the state has an obligation to notify the court of their error.

A mia culpa letter to you is not notice to the court.

Message 2 of 4
Toolman

The State does not admit to any error, the claim they filed the lien properly. I've asked them to vacate the judgement to no avail. Could you please explain "Lack of indebtedness would render the judgement improper."?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they admit that the lien was improper because their was no arrears, then there would have been no delinquent debt due to them upon which they can seek a judgment for its satisfaction.

How can they admit that you were not in arrears, and yet accept satisfaction of an improper judgment is beyond me.....

It appears they are trying to avoid notification to the court that their action itself lacked basis.

I doubt the court would be very happy to learn that they now recognize that fact, and yet are unwilling to notify the court.

If they wont take the initiative, I would consult an attorney for proper process to bring the matter before the court, seeking vacature of an erroneous judgment.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.