Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Reporting Me As Past Due on a Zero Balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still Reporting Me As Past Due on a Zero Balance

I had an account with BofA that I paid off 4/2004, recently I found out that since it has been paid off, BofA has been reporting to all three bureaus that the account is paid - zero balance - but CURRENTLY 120 past due. When I pulled my report it has me 90+ days late 28 times, 60+ days 1 time and 30+ days 1 time - all of these lates appear after april 04.  BofA will not stop reporting this - I was told by a supervisor at BofA that because I was 120 late three years ago they will continue to report that I was late even though I don't owe them anything.  I am trying to get a good rate on a mortgage and this negative R9 from BofA is hurting my score. I paid them off - I don't know what else to do to clear this before I go to settlement. Any words of advise would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still Reporting Me As Past Due on a Zero Balance

I have the same problem with my credit report.  it was 4 years ago, i was 120 late in my Bankone, and it shows 0 balance, but in pay status, it shows 120 late. when i called Transunion...they told me that it will stay there upto 7 years. All i can say is that, it only affects your credit score alot within two years, after that it will be less affective to your score. So, keep managing your credit properly and you will earn your reward at last.
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. the fact that you paid it off has nothing to do with your previous payment history. Have you tried a goodwill letter to their corp office?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not disputing the previous payment history before the payoff...I'm disputing the payment history being recorded on a CLOSED account that has has no activity since April 2004, but being recorded as if I have been using the card from June 2004 thru October 2006 ---- recording that I have a late payment history on an account that is closed and has a zero balance...

Their corporate office has stated that they will continue to show that I am CURRENTLY late on a zero balance.  I am disputing it with all three bureaus and the FTC...whatever is being recorded as current activity has to be reflective of current activity...if they can get away with saying that a paid account is a charge off account by continuously reporting that it is past due and subsequently because they keep reporting that it is past due it is considered a charge off of $0.00, then we are all screwed as consumers.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sending them a check for $0.00. (Sounds like a joke, but I read awhile back someone actually had to do that with the IRS because they were in much the same predicament). Actually, I'd be contacting an attorney if I were you. You could probably sue, since their erroneous reporting is a willful disregard of the FCRPA.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.