Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Equifax 3 Bureau Reporting

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Strange Equifax 3 Bureau Reporting

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd fill you in on my current headache/strange issue I've been dealing with. Hopefully you can shed some light on what to do from past experience. First, last Friday I decided to ask Chase for a CLI on my CSP from $10,000 to $20,000. I've had the card a year and never asked for anything. Still have my bonus sitting there. Well, everything you hear about the problems of getting CLI's from Chase are true. They pulled my EX TWICE and TU once. Then kicked it over to an analyst (who probably did the double pull) and denied my request without a counter offer. So, at this point I didn't so much care about getting denied a credit increase request more than 3 hard pulls for a useless CLI- 2 on the same bureau. 

I called the recon number on the letter that came with the denial- for too many inquiries by the way LOL I had 8 now I have 10 thanks to them. Chase told me they didn't pull my EX twice, only once along with TU and it must be a glitch on EX (doubtful). They basically told me tough luck on removing it stating they couldn't do anything. They suggested I dispute the second EX inquiry. Def don't want to do that. They'll come back and say it's valid since one of them are. I'd probably have to dispute both to show there's two pulls to their claimed one. But I know they pulled it twice it's just BS from them that they didn't.

This brings me to Equifax. I have a monitoring service with every bureau so to test Chase's EX glitch theory I pulled my 3 bureau report from Equifax for free since I have a membership and sure enough it's showing two pulls from Chase on EX along with one pull on TU. But here's the odd thing- they have my two Chase accounts marked as closed on my Experian report but not TU or EQ reports. However, in the account details section of both Chase cards it states Account open and Paid as of 11/16. This can't be a coincidence that all this happened with Chase, particularly on EX and it lists that it's closed but only on my EX report not my EQ or TU report.

As I mentioned, I have a membership with EX as well and on their own report it lists my Chase accounts active and open and also my Chase accounts are open as I've checked online and have been using them. 

What would cause this issue on Equifax pulling my Experian report? Should I just leave it alone because I don't see the point in disputing information Equifax is providing about Experian when Experian themselves are listing the account as active and open.

Lastly, should I take the inquiry fight up to the EO or just eat it for 2 years? This Chase stuff bumped me into double digit inquiry territory with Experian. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Strange Equifax 3 Bureau Reporting

It is common, and not improper, for a creditor to make more than one inquiry when they have a permissible purpose.

There is no limit of one inquiry per permissible purpose.

Message 2 of 4
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

It is common, and not improper, for a creditor to make more than one inquiry when they have a permissible purpose.

There is no limit of one inquiry per permissible purpose.

Thanks for your response. I'm more focused on the inaccurate Equifax reporting of closed accounts. However, I'd agree that creditors may pull your credit on every bureau if they'd like. However, when a creditor begins pulling multiple times on the same bureau in the same day that is usually a mistake. In this case we have a situation where Chase is saying they didn't pull more than once and Experian is saying they did pull more than once. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to move forward.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Credit_hawk

Hi There,

I understand the crux is regarding your genuine concern with the EQ reportings.

You will find as indicated above and after, responses that hopefully will better explain and to compare with that issue. All the best in pinpointing things with that.

However I just want to briefly weigh in on the Chase ordeal with some suggestions.

Chase obviously continues to be very reluctant when it comes to CLI's and then, even after stamping up to a pair of PP HP pulls for those reviews for many. It's been suggested over the years (and still today) that the best proven way to increase an individual card account with Chase is by during your relationship at some point to obtain a second/third card etc. and when necessary call in to move limits from one over to the other. This has been a much discussed and widely proven method to exercise in order to build up either a low limit Chase card(s) or add to an already relatively acceptable limit card.

In either case this is been the manner which has helped most where concerns the necessity for a better limit on existing Chase cards.

Have A Great Holiday Season.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.