Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Monitoring Services(TU) alerts today

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Strange Monitoring Services(TU) alerts today

I received today an alert from the roughly 17 places that I apparently have signed up which deliver these TU notices.  (mint, CS, etc). I know these can be highly unreliable.

The alert was New C1 Charge Off.   I certainly don't have a new CO. 

The C1 CO in question occurred roughly 18 months ago, and has showed as such.   It has also showed PAID since May 2019 when it was paid in full.  No Data reported June 2019, (which is expected).   Suddenly, July 10 some update has caused TU based alerts to think I have a new chargeoff.  

None of the FAKOs displayed changed, so it is likely a mis-programmed aspect in the alerts applet used by these free CMS.   I am tempted to buy a score report just to set my mind at ease.  Regardless, this is irritating and reminds me of the recent alerts caused by Chase renaming itself JPMCB on the data transmissions.

Anyone else have strange CMS alerts today, especially with Cap1?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Strange Monitoring Services(TU) alerts today

I don't know anything about those alerts, but if you want to check your reports, you totally should. Just go to the Experian website and sign up for the $1 trial. You'll get all 3 bureau's with FICO scores/reports. I do this at least twice a month, so it basically only costs me $2 to monitor my scores for the whole month. Plus, I get my EX score updated daily, which is nice. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 4
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I do this at least twice a month,  

I certainly have you beat.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 4
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

I received today an alert from the roughly 17 places that I apparently have signed up which deliver these TU notices.  (mint, CS, etc). I know these can be highly unreliable.

The alert was New C1 Charge Off.   I certainly don't have a new CO. 

Several hours later last night, another slew of notifications regarding an "improved account".  Some TU strangeness going on.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.