Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange voicemail from Complete Recovery services

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Strange voicemail from Complete Recovery services

Just received a very disturbing voicemail from this company. They claim they are calling on behalf of this company.

They rattled off the physical address of my employers payroll department(which is out of state) and stated they are trying to "serve me" at my place of employment , but didn't state that address. States that was only contact info that had on file. Seems suspicious they don't have my actual address? Hmmmm

From my Google searches this seems to be very suspicious the phone number to call them is 1-866-324-3194.

Just want to know how to handle this properly? I do have an unpaid judgement from Barclays that is 7 years old but not on reports. Also a few charge offs from years ago that never sued , none of which are on my credit reports .

Just want to know how exactly to handle this, being that the first thing stated on this message about "serving me" at my place of employment kinda raises a red flag to me?

Any advice as to how to more forward?

Appreciate any help here .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange voicemail from Complete Recovery services

A business can still try to collect/sue regardless of whether or not the debt appears on any credit reports. As to whether you are being served. The local county courthouse can offer proof...they will have it on file it it's legit.
Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks. The old chargeoffs are way past the SOL so I know it can't be "sued", of course I realise they can try to collect , which is maybe what they are attempting ?

I have checked online with my local court house nothing on there besides the unpaid judgement.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something that sticks out to me is them stating that they we be serving you at your place of business. Why there... and why would they tell you? IMO they are hoping you will be scared into paying, to avoid any embarrasment in front of your coworkers. Sounds very suspicious.
Message 4 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Exactly. They "claimed" they would rather not serve me there as it is a hospital, and a quick Google search gives my companies payroll departments address. But one would think if they are 'serving" me there would be a an order listed at the court house which there is not. And with the only judgement I have that was already served and ordered and they would just contact my employer for garnishment .

So something is fishy this might be an interesting phone conversation
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I would not even bother with calling. You're clearly dealing with junk debt buyer.
If you are certain that it's past SOL, file a complaint with CFBP and state's AG office regarding the threats you received.

Collection agencies monitor your credit, they can see you're doing well, and they are hoping you'll pay to preserve your credit.

I am all for paying what we owe, but I am against unsavory practices, and would not give them a dime I found on a street.
Message 6 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thank you.

Yes as far as I know everything is past SOL except the judgement that was already awarded, so I am pretty confident this is not what they are referring to.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 times out of 10 these calls end up being bogus.  I get a handful of them every year myself and I have squeaky clean reports and owe no one anything.  The calls always reference a debt, though, which I do not have.

Message 8 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks.

Yes the only debt that is actually collectable as far as I know is the judgement and that is usually a notice to my employer to proceed with the garnishment and if that would be the case I am sure that would have been mentioned in the voice mail.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Well they called me back stating this was First savings credit card a collection from 2014 (I believe SOL in VA is 6 years.

Honestly I don't even remember having this card but I may have, it looks familiar when I searched the internet but can't be sure. I kept asking what were they attempting to serve, she claimed a judgement I then asked what court this was filed in she would not give answer!!

Claimed I should have received a final letter 45 days ago, I did not!!
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.