Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 508!

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

Stuck at 508!

Oh man, I'm totally stuck at 508 on EQ!!! I've GW'd & DV'd the heck outta everything I can! I need to be patience but I am really really bummed out. I'm trying so hard to get these scores up! I don't need to be rushed b/c I'm not buying anything. I just want to get it UP UP UP. I've been declined for Target, Wally world, and BOA so pretty much I need to chill on applying anything else b/c I know if I keep doing that I'll be kicked in the rear!!

I was thinking when/if I get a tax return this year I'd open a secured card to kind of give me some positive TL action.

Anyways.. I wasn't trying to be a downer, I guess I just need to know that eventually it'll get better, huh??

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stuck at 508!

Yes ry, things WILL get better. But only time and patience will solve that.

Repairing credit is not easy, to be sure.

Have you considered joining a credit union? Maybe taking out a small loan, paying it off...THEN going in and talking to them face to face and perhaps apply for a cc at that time? Something to consider.

A secure card is a great way to start to rebuild your credit, IF you can even get approved for one. Not saying you can't, as we don't know what baddies are in your credit file.

Good luck to you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recall many times feeling I was stcuk at a number-
Paying on time and keeping UTL down is a great start-

Get at least 1 CC (even if secured) use it for gas and PIF before the due date.

One piece of advice I hae is attack the biggest badest baddies firt-
save the low hanging fruit for last

Have a solid payment history prior to sending the GW-

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it will definitely take time and be patient i have been there and have seen changes come with little time--do you have any credit cards at all--Orchard bank HSBC Capital one--may be possible options ti start I cant stand none of them but they do help out in the beginning
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rycoop,

Keep your chin up and don't lose focus !!   

Your time and energy invested will pay off but you will need to be patient.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.