Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan / Credit Nightmare!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan / Credit Nightmare!

My fiance and I recently talked to our bank about securing a first-time homebuyer mortgage.  Upon pulling my merged credit report, we found that my student loans were being reported as three separate tradelines for each loan (8 installments miraculously became 24!!).  As a result, my Total Installment Accounts and Total Balance (as seen in the credit summary section) are THREE TIMES what they should be.  According to the loan officer, these inaccurate tradelines have led to inaccurate / skewed FICO risk assessments.  I have contacted all three crediting reporting agencies, but haven't gotten anywhere with getting these tradelines consolidated.  Any idea who in the world I can call / email to get this situation rectified?!  I have statements, account screenshots, etc. showing the true loan amounts and monthly payments.  Any advice and/or solutions would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.