Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehab

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Student Loan Rehab

I am in my 3rd month of student loan rehab. Is there any way to escalate the reporting to the CRA's to get my defaulted loans and lates removed? They are KILLING my score!
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Rehab

It is going to take the FULL 9 months-
And unless you got something in writing otherwise-

They will update the account status to "OK/ pays as agreed" and remove CA's.  If they said they would remove the lates- I hope you have it in writing- (yes I said that twice!!!!!!!!)  

ngerasimatos wrote:
I am in my 3rd month of student loan rehab. Is there any way to escalate the reporting to the CRA's to get my defaulted loans and lates removed? They are KILLING my score!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loan rehab took the full 9 months.  Even after I had completed rehab my original lender,Citibank, would not remove the negative status until I received a letter from my new lender stating that I had successfully completed student loan rehab.  I sent the letter to Citibank this week and am "patiently" waiting for them to update my credit reports.
Message 3 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I agree with the others everything I've read/heard states it takes the full 9 months. Right now it's just patience and persistently paying on time, once you do this you'll reap the rewards. GL!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did the rehab program for DH's loan. They actually called us several months into it and said we could speed up the process by making an extra payment (I can't remember if it was a full or partial). Maybe you could call and ask about that. If you can afford an extra payment it might be worth it to expedite the process. Good luck!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SL's went through rehab and 2 months after completion, they were consolidated and all lates/baddies/derogs were removed.  I am reporting no lates, no baddies -- OK/ paid as agreed ... they said (in writing) they'd do this when I signed on to the rehab process. 

My score jumped ~40 pts when they were rehabed Smiley Happy  It sucks while they're out there but I figured I did it to myself so I can wait it out ... Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.