cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Stories and Encouragement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement - Good Will Letters Do Work!

There is an account that was supposed to be removed from my credit report in November 2007, but it is still showing. Can I dispute it and tell them that it should be removed from my credit report? Is it ok to have more than 5 disputes within a year?  Also, I have disputed many other bad collection accounts that I had in my credit report. They were all removed.  My credit score went from a 519 in October to 668 in December, and I am trying to get it higher. If I can get them to delete this account, I know that my score will go way higher.

Message Edited by gagouche on 12-17-2007 08:18 AM

Message Edited by gagouche on 12-17-2007 08:18 AM
Message 111 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement - Good Will Letters Do Work!

gagouche wrote:

Can I dispute it and tell them that it should be removed from my credit report?
Is it ok to have more than 5 disputes within a year?

So far as I know, there is no adverse impact on your credit score if you have a lot of disputes. If there were, I suspect there'd be a class action lawsuit against Fair Isaac as one's creditworthiness would then be adversely impacted by the bumble-headedness of the CRAs.

Message 112 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement

I'm not jealous over anyones score I have my own and it is a snapshot of me.
I believe in FICO despite the people who get things erased. HEY i've been there too and I did it on my own. I learned the rules at 19 I am now 38 and continued to learn read learn and read.
FICO knows who you are you can get things deleted but you know in the end YOU are who you are and it will let the banking world know it. I can listen and tell where a person is FICO score wise.  I hear numbers. you tell me a little bit bout you and I got your score already added up.. SO why do I say this.......well...I really don't know.. Perhaps I am the most crazy and talkative person when it comes to credit. I will battle it out between anyone that challenges me. Of course I don't know everything but I love the subject of credit and I am good at it. Are there any more Guru's out there?
 FICO is  about the change the rules...slightly and I can't wait. Fico is great already to me....but just to think of them being even better.
Credit scoring helps the banking industry know their risk. It keeps the market safe. So when people talk of the housing markets notice they talk about subprime....Hmmm subprime are for the folks who had messed up credit in the first place....Betcha bank of america and chase and all of those banks who gave out traditional mortgage loans do not have the same problem, becuase people had to have the scores and the money to get a loan. Subprime was the governements way of turning a deaf ear to FICO. When those horrific credit scores were pulled up by FICO, they should have heard the word "NO" but the governemnt continued to make money available for this risk and said that everyone deserves the American Dream . They ignored FICO and now look at it... but as I say America is a machine we can bounce back from anything.....
THANK GOODNESS FOR FICO.  
Message 113 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success Stories and Encouragement -CA gone from DW's history

Hi Frnds (everybody in this forum)

One good news from my side,CA is gone from my DW's history just now I checked the report with myFICO and creditkeeper.

We are very very happy to be here in this wonderful forum.

I have been trying for this CA  removal since 03/07, but succeeded within 20 days after I join in this Forum.

Thanks to myFICO and the all the  forum members

Have a wonderful happy new year 2008 with gud FICO scores
reddy

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 12-27-2007 04:05 PM
Message 114 of 280
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Success Stories and Encouragement -CA gone from DW's history

Great news.  I always like when people who are trying to improve catch a break.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 115 of 280
jj15
New Contributor

Nordstrom Visa GW letter worked! They are deleting 4 lates!!!! What a great Christmas/ New Year's present! I am still waiting to hear from several others, but out of 32 baddies on my report, once Nordstrom is taken off, I will have only 28 to worry about!
01/05/08 EQ 598 TU 612 Experian 599
01/25/08 EQ 605 TU 620 Experian 599
08/04/08 EQ 658 TU??? Experian 635
Message 116 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very encouraging.  I co-sign for my daughter a car and she got it repoed. My credit score were in 680 now it is 555.  I am trying my darnest to get my score back  up.  If any one have any suggestions please contact me at [REMOVED]
Thanks in advance.

Email address removed- by Timothy

Message Edited by Timothy on 01-01-2008 07:32 PM
Message 117 of 280
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

mcc wrote:
This is very encouraging.  I co-sign for my daughter a car and she got it repoed. My credit score were in 680 now it is 555.  I am trying my darnest to get my score back  up.  If any one have any suggestions please contact me at [Removed]
Thanks in advance.

Try credit scoring 101 thread, and read some of the threads.  There is a TON of good advice here.

A good place to start is free credit reports to find out WHY your scores are so low

Message Edited by Timothy on 01-01-2008 07:33 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 118 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Congrats on doing so well!

I was wondering if you or anyonw could give me some tips on how to get those Providian accounts deleted.  I have two old accounts that are killing my score.

Many thanks in advance.

LT76
Message 119 of 280
Anonymous
Not applicable

LT76 wrote:
I was wondering if you or anyonw could give me some tips on how to get those Providian accounts deleted.  I have two old accounts that are killing my score.

Feel free to start a new thread and provide more details about your situation.
Message 120 of 280
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.