cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with my first dispute! UPDATED with score jump!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success with my first dispute! UPDATED with score jump!

I found a collection item on Experian that I had paid years ago that should have dropped off in 2006.  I disputed it on sunday night, just checked EX and it's gone already!  Wahoo!  I can't wait to see if i get a little score bump.  EX doesn't show me much love...

So is there any chance this could suddenly reappear?

UPDATE:  I just checked my FAKO score... it went from 615 to a 689 after the collection was removed!!!  I know it's just a FAKO but it certainly makes me excited. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-08-2008 01:55 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Success with my first dispute!

Congratulations.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 03-07-2008 07:29 PM

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's truly paid, truly past the SOL, and not on your other credit reports, it's not likely it will appear.

Congrats! Let us know if your score jumps!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shnapple wrote:
If it's truly paid, truly past the SOL, and not on your other credit reports, it's not likely it will appear.

Congrats! Let us know if your score jumps!

It was "legally paid for less than owed" in 2002 but the CO was in '99.  The SOL in my state is only 6 years.
The CA re-aged it stating it was a new account that opened when I had paid.  It was only being reported to EX.

And I'll be sure to keep you posted on my score!  I only have one more baddie to take care of.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP to show off fancy new score. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BRAVO!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success with my first dispute! UPDATED with score jump!

massagemama wrote:
I found a collection item on Experian that I had paid years ago that should have dropped off in 2006.  I disputed it on sunday night, just checked EX and it's gone already!  Wahoo!  I can't wait to see if i get a little score bump.  EX doesn't show me much love...

So is there any chance this could suddenly reappear?

UPDATE:  I just checked my FAKO score... it went from 615 to a 689 after the collection was removed!!!  I know it's just a FAKO but it certainly makes me excited. Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by massagemama on 03-08-2008 01:55 PM

Nice job mama !!
We love to hear the success stories like this.  Way to Go!! 
I agree with you, it does not matter it is FACO or FICO score. 
When it goes up ... makes me happy too.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.