Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!

By hard work, on-time payments, baddies falling off ... my TU score has gone from 595 to 655 in 4 months.  I didn't think it was possible!!  THe score simulator indicates that I might raise it another 40 to 60 pts if my % of availalble credit is lowered to the accepted level (currently at 70%).  (as an aside, how accurate are the sims?)

I'm presently at:

TU 655
EXP 651
EQ 682

I am stoked and *never* thought I'd have this kind of success!!  THe tips I've learned here have truly helped and I'm over the moon.  1 year ago I had mid 500s for all scores ... I am just so thrilled !!! 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: Success!

Good for you!!!  Keep up the good work and keep motivating everyone on these boards!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Another example of how a person's perseverance combined with support from friends on this forum can help people improve their credit health, and change their habits forever. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
octavia
Regular Contributor

Congratulation Ct99!!!!

Octavia.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats ct!!!!! WTG! You are working the system and the system is working for you! Keep up the good work!

And yes, Yes, YES! Reducing the utilization on your cc's is the FASTEST way for BIG score jumps. I went from 521 to 681 in 5 months JUST by reducing my cc debt. I did nothing else but pay down the cc debt, and it took off.

You should do the same. Try it! You'll like it! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the support everyone Smiley Happy  I was SO shocked this AM when I ordered copies of the 2 reports (I have ScoreWatch on hte 3rd)  ... 

Re: utilization ... I had planned to buy a couch with my tax return but it looks like I"m paying down my balance first Smiley Happy  Its a smart thing to do regardless and the couch can wait a few more months ... we'll see how fast my score can jump after the balances shrink Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  The idea that my TU score could hit 700 is so surreal given where I was even 18 months ago!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.