Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for new Credit topic: Insurance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion for new Credit topic: Insurance

I dont see any "Rooms" if we call them that for insurance.. like who company is good under different circumstances.

Please dont make us joing another board for this :-)

Auto -

Home - 

Motorcycle

Umbrella

Gap..

Valueables

like experiences with claims .. pricings... stuff like that

thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestion for new Credit topic: Insurance

I'd add that under Personal Finance as insruance is part of personal financial planning.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with op and would love a insurance board.

Message 3 of 8
iv
Valued Contributor

I agree that an Insurance sub-forum would be useful.

Especially considering the number of states that allow credit report/score based insurance pricing.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I don't get a vote anymore, but how much traffic would you really expect for an insurance-only board?

Breaking up the forums even more may not lead to good things... as is, saw a post over in Rebuilding where someone was basically told to go to CB because this forum doesn't get replies for anything not-CC related Cat Tongue

If there's something which would fit better in a Wiki style interface for reference, it probably should just be in a sticky on one of the current forums.  That said the only person who really is into insurance based pricing currently would be Thomas Thumb, maybe there'd be others interested in the discussion but I suspect it would go the way of the FICO Fitness Challenge which virtually nobody goes to for example.

My gut feeling is Personal Finance is the right spot for it.

        
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I don't get a vote anymore, but how much traffic would you really expect for an insurance-only board?

Breaking up the forums even more may not lead to good things... as is, saw a post over in Rebuilding where someone was basically told to go to CB because this forum doesn't get replies for anything not-CC related Cat Tongue

If there's something which would fit better in a Wiki style interface for reference, it probably should just be in a sticky on one of the current forums.  That said the only person who really is into insurance based pricing currently would be Thomas Thumb, maybe there'd be others interested in the discussion but I suspect it would go the way of the FICO Fitness Challenge which virtually nobody goes to for example.

My gut feeling is Personal Finance is the right spot for it.

Agree.  The last thing this board needs is another sub forum.

Message 6 of 8
iv
Valued Contributor

Insurance and insurance scoring should at least have a sticky or two for basic info then....

Credit-based insurance risk scoring is still comparatively opaque versus the amount of public info and "group wisdom" available about "standard" credit scoring.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@iv wrote:

Insurance and insurance scoring should at least have a sticky or two for basic info then....

Credit-based insurance risk scoring is still comparatively opaque versus the amount of public info and "group wisdom" available about "standard" credit scoring.

I agree, but someone would have to research and write it.  That person won't be me just sayin Smiley Happy.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.