Did you mean: 

Surprise Removal UPDATED

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: !Re: Surprise Removal

@SoCalifornia wrote:
Update: I'm flying on cloud 9 guys! Experian officially stated reasoning yesterday, that the collection was found to be obtained improperly. And early this morning I received updates from both the TU and EQ disputes that they concluded the same and the collection has been formally removed from all reports (being jointly responsible- including my wife's!!)
All 6 reports.

I can't wait to get all of the updated reports and scores. Finally a success story for me that I hope will encourage others 👍🏽

BRAVO! BRAVO!

That’s some wonderful news. A humongous congratulations to you and DW. A very nice score bump is a coming your way on EQ & TU too. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 14
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Surprise Removal

@Dinosaur
Most definitely. Lesson learned to be aggressive once you have the necessary means to knock it out 🤙🏽

@KLEXH25
Right on- it was refreshing, all three came back with excellent conclusions within about 3 weeks. Was not my expectation 🤙🏽

@Creditinspired
Thanks! I still can't believe how quickly it cleaned up 6 reports. Just took a little patience 🤙🏽

As always, thanks to you guys. myFICO is invaluable.

Message 12 of 14
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@midnightocd,

How much of a score bump did you finally get on all CB’s?

Message 13 of 14
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@midnightocd,

How much of a score bump did you finally get on all CB’s?

Removal of 4yr old, $4K collection allowed me:

TU-49+, EQ-49+, EX-50+ FICO8

🤙🏽

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.