Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Reporting Date?

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Synchrony Reporting Date?

I received my first Synchrony (Carecredit) statement and it showed my due date as the 15th. With this knowledge and going by all my other cards the closing date would be anywhere from 3-7 days after the 15th  before credit bureau reporting.

Bill was 48 dollars and I charged another 77 making balance 125, I called myself paying 50 early on the 1st just to make sure all systems go on payment working smoothly.

To my surprise while checking my Experian report today I saw Synchrony had reported my balance of 75, 9 days before the due date and who knows how many days before the closing/reporting date.

Anyone dealing with Synchrony (Carecredit)  have you experienced Synchrony (Carecredit) reporting haphazdly like this? (reporting balance before closing/reporting dates).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Reporting Date?

Synchrony tends to report your first balance very quickly. They will relax as time goes, and they will begin to report the statement balance. They did this also to my Care credit card. Also with my PPMC, they haven't done it this month... yet

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Long  time ago, I closed Walmart card because of random reporting.

Some months it would be business as usual, and other times they seem to report 2-3 times in each cycle (every time balance would change).

I'm not suggesting you close, I'm just letting you know that erratic reporting is nothing new.

Some people never had this issue with them. 

Message 3 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Synchrony tends to report your first balance very quickly. They will relax as time goes, and they will begin to report the statement balance. They did this also to my Care credit card. Also with my PPMC, they haven't done it this month... yet

Well they did report the firs Care credit balance rather quickly hopefully they will stabilize to a more consistent date.

Message 4 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Long  time ago, I closed Walmart card because of random reporting.

Some months it would be business as usual, and other times they seem to report 2-3 times in each cycle (every time balance would change).

I'm not suggesting you close, I'm just letting you know that erratic reporting is nothing new.

Some people never had this issue with them. 

I have 1 other Synchrony account a Hsn card that started off handled by Comentity bank that was taken over by Synchrony about 8-9 months ago and I haven't had any erratic reporting.  It reports 5 days after statement cuts faithfully.

If Care credit stays erratic I will just handle it a little differently around times when a high balance may impact a new app or something.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.