Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony reporting to the credit bureaus

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Synchrony reporting to the credit bureaus

On May 24 I applied for a Synchrony Bank Master Card and was approved.  I posted the details in the Credit Card Approval forum. Yesterday (may 26) I received to alerts from Experian and Trans Union about a new account reporting on my credit. I checked the alert and it was Synchrony reporting my new Mastercard  to TU and Experian.  Is this normal for Synchrony or do other lenders do it as well? Also I pulled my TU credit from Annualcreditreport.com to confirm it is true.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
multiplicity
Established Member

Re: Synchrony reporting to the credit bureaus

Yeah the same thing happened with my synchrony PayPal Mastercard. Reported only a couple days after I was approved. I haven't had any other banks be so quick to report, but it seems normal for synchrony.

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You think that's something i got one of my Synchrony Cards about the same time as you, made a purchase and it showed up in only a couple days with that balance on the reports which is normal. What i wasnt expecting is that today not quite one week later I received alerts from Equifax and Trans Union about an account (same one) was recently paid off. Trended data reporting maybe? One off? Off cycle? No problem with that at all since am engaged in aggressive AZEO so it won't be lingering another month like some accounts can. Now THAT is quick!

Message 3 of 13
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

That's synchrony for you. Reports before you even get the card in hand. 

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

On May 24 I applied for a Synchrony Bank Master Card and was approved.  I posted the details in the Credit Card Approval forum. Yesterday (may 26) I received to alerts from Experian and Trans Union about a new account reporting on my credit. I checked the alert and it was Synchrony reporting my new Mastercard  to TU and Experian.  Is this normal for Synchrony or do other lenders do it as well? Also I pulled my TU credit from Annualcreditreport.com to confirm it is true.

Yes, Synchrony might be the fastest lender to report a new card , imeSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You think that's something i got one of my Synchrony Cards about the same time as you, made a purchase and it showed up in only a couple days with that balance on the reports which is normal. What i wasnt expecting is that today not quite one week later I received alerts from Equifax and Trans Union about an account (same one) was recently paid off. Trended data reporting maybe? One off? Off cycle? No problem with that at all since am engaged in aggressive AZEO so it won't be lingering another month like some accounts can. Now THAT is quick!

The dangerous thing about Sync is they will report a balance when you least expect it. I wouldn't depend on them to be my AZEOSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 13
7774x
Established Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

In the past  had accounts they did not report..now Syn must have turned to reporting quickly

Message 7 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@7774x wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

In the past  had accounts they did not report..now Syn must have turned to reporting quickly

Synchrony has been reporting new accounts within days for at least past 7 years. 

Message 8 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@7774x wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Synchrony has been reporting new accounts within days for at least past 7 years. 

This is very true. I have had many of their cards over the years. Get approved and it's like a swiss watch they report within a day or two after. What IS out of character and i don't mind it one bit at all is that (at least this time) they rushed the same day i electronically sent them a PIF and likewise it also reported PIF to the Credit Bureaus!!! Nice!!

Message 9 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Yes it's normal.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.