cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony what are you doing? 7 day statement period?

tag
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony what are you doing? 7 day statement period?

I picked up the Venmo card and they gave me a tiny limit. Ok I guess. The card reported the next day. I put some bills on it and then it reported again a week later? Now it's "almost maxed". They sat pending longer than I'm used to as well so I couldn't even pay. Oh well that's what I get for getting another synchrony card.29FFCE50-5DC3-43A7-9207-A8D54D09417F.png

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony what are you doing? 7 day statement period?

wow vantage really didn't like that. Has anyone ever had a card report twice in 7 days?9FDDDF2A-F609-49EB-8914-0701A0CEA0EB.jpeg

Message 2 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, SYNCB be like that sometimes 🤷‍♂️  Countless threads on their off-cycle reporting. 

Message 3 of 27
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Yup, SYNCB be like that sometimes 🤷‍♂️  Countless threads on their off-cycle reporting. 

If I'd have known that then I never would've got another card with them. There is simply no logic to reporting twice in a week. Vantage score is on drugs but this better not nuke my ficos. 

Message 4 of 27
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't look like off-cycle reporting, more like the cycle was short since you just opened the card.  Did they tell you the statement would close on the 4th when you opened the card?

I've only opened Chase cards in the past 15+ years and they always give you nearly a month from account open to the first statement close, so this seems odd to me, but maybe others do the same (short 1st statement period), or maybe it's just a Sync thing.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 5 of 27
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

It doesn't look like off-cycle reporting, more like the cycle was short since you just opened the card.  Did they tell you the statement would close on the 4th when you opened the card?

I've only opened Chase cards in the past 15+ years and they always give you nearly a month from account open to the first statement close, so this seems odd to me, but maybe others do the same (short 1st statement period), or maybe it's just a Sync thing.

No it was not disclosed. Given that it had just reported, I thought I was safe to use the card. I lurked on these forums long before I posted and I think I would've remembered someone saying a card reported twice in a week. I paid it off since it is now physically possible. 

Message 6 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

@CreditMarathoner -- as reiterated in my last comment, this is how SYNCB tends to report sometimes.  

Message 7 of 27
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

My synch MasterCard statement closes on the 21st of each month. Today I got an alert that my synch card reported TODAY (6th of month). I stay AZEO without fail (until this). Not end of the world Bc my score just dropped 7 points and I'll get em back whenever they report next, but I'm done using synch except for a pack of gum (which I'll pay off as soon as it posts). Too much headache and they're too volitile.  

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 8 of 27
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@IodineNightSky wrote:

My synch MasterCard statement closes on the 21st of each month. Today I got an alert that my synch card reported TODAY (6th of month). I stay AZEO without fail (until this). Not end of the world Bc my score just dropped 7 points and I'll get em back whenever they report next, but I'm done using synch except for a pack of gum (which I'll pay off as soon as it posts). Too much headache and they're too volitile.  

I just wish I could go back in time and not apply for it. Lowest limit I've had in my life and I said ok whatever. I'm waiting for synchrony to close all my accounts because of low vantage score that they caused. Should be fun. 

Message 9 of 27
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Sync mid-cycle reporting is actually very common. The good thing is that utilization has no memory. Just pay off your charges and it will all go away. 5B84FBAD-E930-4A1C-958A-51DB85E99F2A.png

74B330C4-4326-4A97-A995-C469A002C49B.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.