Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncrony did a random HP of my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncrony did a random HP of my credit?

I was approved for the lowes card backed by Sync yesterday HP showed up immediately. Now two days later I get an alert of a hardpull from Sync simply labeled Syncrony. My other sync HP for my marvel was labeled Syncrony/Marvel and the Lowes HP was labeled Syncrony/Lowes. Has this ever occurred with anyone else. Not sure if I want to call Syncrony about it as I've added two of their products this month and dont want to stir the pot with them as they are my first Sync cards.
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncrony did a random HP of my credit?

I'd call them, as it sounds like it could be an error.  If it was 1 app for credit from Synchrony, it should be 1 HP.  Were both of the HPs on the same bureau?  Were you approved following the 1st HP, or not until the 2nd? 

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved from the first HP here is a pic.

Screenshot_20181120-232243_Credit Karma.jpg

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Called Synchrony and the woman stated there must have been an error during the application process and that I can either call lowes to dipute the second inquiry or I can dispute it with the credit bureau but there is nothing they could do on their end.
Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Lowes?  Synchrony is the creditor and they're responsible for the inquiry.  I'd call back and get a different CSR, or contact the executive office to bypass the low level CSRs.  They can definitely rectify this for you on their end without you having to initiate a dispute with the bureau.

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BBS. I'll see if the EO gets me anywhere because the CSR had no idea what was going on.
Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something SIMILAR as I applied for the Freedom yesterday. Got the HP alert for EQ simultaneously denied. Recon'd immediately yesterday and today they hit me with an EX HP! Alert just came through 20 minutes ago. Is this normal for Chase during recon process? 

Message 7 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had something SIMILAR as I applied for the Freedom yesterday. Got the HP alert for EQ simultaneously denied. Recon'd immediately yesterday and today they hit me with an EX HP! Alert just came through 20 minutes ago. Is this normal for Chase during recon process? 

@Anonymous, This is normal for Chase.  You may have read that in a variety of instances Chase can double-pull for initial applications.  A reconsideration is permissible purpose to reevaluate your initial application and may constitute a 2nd HP.  Potentially, the EX HP could've also been delayed by your CMS. 

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha - makes logical sense. I've only had 2 HP's on EX this year up until this one and they both came immedialty upon application. I wouldn't doubt it's on the 2nd UW in the recon procecess getting denied as I type this! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is known to pull 2 different bureaus quite often.  That's different than what's going on with the OP, though, as he saw double pulls from the same bureau, which makes no sense for a single application.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.