cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL on one CB but not others - what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TL on one CB but not others - what to do?

I was looking at my reports and I have noticed there a few positive TLs listed on TU, but not on EQ or EX.  Is it possible to write any form of a letter to have these positives added to the ones that do not list them....or is it solely the lender's choice which CB they report to and I'm out of luck?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: TL on one CB but not others - what to do?

Solely the lenders choice.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can ask but it's up to the lender as to which bureau they report to, if any at all
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I understand that they report to the CB that they are subscribed to. So, I'm going to ask the lender if they're subscribed to the other bureaus before I ask them to report to the missing ones.
Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As a rule, lenders either report automatically to a CB or they don't report at all. I don't think contacting them would help, unless it's a company known to report to that CB and maybe there's a mistake in their reporting. I have a thick file, so I have about 12 accounts that appear only on one or two reports. EX is the most complete but still missing 5 I think. My current 2 auto loans (Acura and PenFed) are the only ones in about 20 years to actually report to all 3, in fact.

If you don't mind sharing the lender, I'm sure someone here can verify whether that lender reports for them outside of TU.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a shame.  It would be so much more beneficial for the consumer (and lenders) if the all 3 CRs contained the same information....like a share agreement or something.  Aggravating....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.