Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Drops Score for Each Mortgage Payment Made on Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Drops Score for Each Mortgage Payment Made on Time

Don't know whether I should laugh or be concerned.  Second month in row that TU has dropped by score by 1 point (-1) right after I made my mortgage payment (on time) indicating that my "balance had decreased".  If this keeps up in 20 years my score will have dropped by 240 points.....for paying off my mortgage.  LOL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: TU Drops Score for Each Mortgage Payment Made on Time

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know whether I should laugh or be concerned.  Second month in row that TU has dropped by score by 1 point (-1) right after I made my mortgage payment (on time) indicating that my "balance had decreased".  If this keeps up in 20 years my score will have dropped by 240 points.....for paying off my mortgage.  LOL

You should probably double up on your mortgage payments every month that way you will only lose 120 points by paying off your mortgage in 10 years.

ezgif.com-optimize(2).gif

But seriously that shouldn't be happening perhaps something else is triggering the point lost.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Laughed at the gif....lol

I am going to dig a little deeper to see if something else helped triggered this.

As of today, I don't "see" anything, but.......

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure you did not lose the point for making the mortgage payment.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is zero possibility that you are losing points for making the mortgage payment. Something else is changing on your report that you aren't taking into consideration. Are your card balances changing? Any new inquiries or new accounts, or old accounts dropping off the report? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything that small you may as well consider it noise, it is going to be virtually impossible to discover the cause.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.