cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU/EXP reports have same item estimated for removal (7 years) on 01/2012 and 05/2012. What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU/EXP reports have same item estimated for removal (7 years) on 01/2012 and 05/2012. What next?

Pulled all 3 of my reports today 01/12. Noticed TU and EXP have the same negative item up for removal after 7 years. TU says this month is the date. Will it really happen? That simple? When I check back in February will the item be gone as if never there and benefit my score? Also, should I not care that TU and Experian have different removal dates for the same item? I assume it's a common occurrence with different agencies handling things. Also, is just my eyes or does Equifax not show any estimated removal dates at all? What date should I use on their report to draw and estimate for a removal date? Turns out I have several negative items due to be removed this year. I hope it's easy and automatic. Don't want to go through a drawn out removal battle. Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU/EXP reports have same item estimated for removal (7 years) on 01/2012 and 05/2012. What next

The CRTP is 7-7.5 years. The FCRA throws in the extra 180 days. Assuming that one is accurate, it's still within 6 months. Also, in some circumstances, I've had DOFDs report incorrectly in my favor. This may or may not be the case here. As always, compare your own records, but this alone is OK, IMO. They always put the word "estimated" in there.

Drop offs are automatic. TU is accurate, and often they delete early. EX can be stubborn. Sometimes they'll drop the following month.

EQ has never shown the drop off dates. It shows DOFD though which is more accurate for determining removal.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: TU/EXP reports have same item estimated for removal (7 years) on 01/2012 and 05/2012. What next

@Anonymous wrote:
Pulled all 3 of my reports today 01/12. Noticed TU and EXP have the same negative item up for removal after 7 years. TU says this month is the date. Will it really happen? That simple? When I check back in February will the item be gone as if never there and benefit my score? Also, should I not care that TU and Experian have different removal dates for the same item? I assume it's a common occurrence with different agencies handling things. Also, is just my eyes or does Equifax not show any estimated removal dates at all? What date should I use on their report to draw and estimate for a removal date? Turns out I have several negative items due to be removed this year. I hope it's easy and automatic. Don't want to go through a drawn out removal battle. Thank you very much.

Yep, that's pretty much how it works.   For accounts that have late payments, when the lates drop off you will see the TL move from negative to positive.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
skipwin1
Established Member

dont count on your score increasing. I just had 2 neg cap one accounts, that i paid off in 36 straight months, removed and my score dropped 2 points.

How is that right? Then i had a 15 point drop when an old account in good standing dropped off, that changed my  credit history from 17 to 9 years.

So when good things happen, fico score drops. When bad things happen fico score drops for 7 years. **bleep**!

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@skipwin1 wrote:

dont count on your score increasing. I just had 2 neg cap one accounts, that i paid off in 36 straight months, removed and my score dropped 2 points.

How is that right? Then i had a 15 point drop when an old account in good standing dropped off, that changed my  credit history from 17 to 9 years.

So when good things happen, fico score drops. When bad things happen fico score drops for 7 years. **bleep**!

Because all 3 were factored into your AAoA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.