Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Early Exclusion BK7

tag
cem13
Established Contributor

TU Early Exclusion BK7

Team,

My BK7 was filed in JAN11 and was due to fall off in DEC20.  However, I requested an EE on TU last night at 12:00:01 (01JUL20).  I did this on-line and for some reason, the Public Records section of the on-line dispute did NOT give the reason "too old to be on file" as I have seen on charge offs and other baddies.  So I checked the box "dates are incorrect" and in the explaination "I am requesting early removal of the bankruptcy"

I logged in this morning and found the BK7 was deleted.  I do not have an updated score yet but I will post when I get one.  My current F08 TU is 732.   I have waited for 10 years for this day.  I even put 01JUL20 in my iphone calender at the MOC while waiting in the lobby. 

What a wild ride these past 15 years have been.  It started with the 07/08 Financial Crisis when I lost my high-paying job and I could not find a replpacement.  I was building a house but the bank told me I had to sell it as they would not convert the construction loan into a mortgage so was forced to perform a "short sale" and financed the balance.  All the other bills got behind and the financial stress caused a divorce.  During that time, the stress caused medical issues that I was forced to deal with.  A triple whammy for sure. 

A credit counselor told me that since I had no income; a BK7 would wipe everything clean and suggested immediately file.  My Attorney suggested I not look for a job until after the MOC and possibly after the Judgement.  Now 10 years later, I am in the best condition financially, medically and relationship (ex-wife and I remarried).

I have 2 questions:

1) Has anyone had recent success (past month or so) for EE on EX and EQ?  I wonder if they are more flexible during the COVID19 pandemic?

2) Any lucky guesses as what my new score will be?  The closest guess will win a Gold Star in your Sunday School book.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: TU Early Exclusion BK7

Congrats on your TU EE! I got my EE from TU in June, my BK7 filing date was 9/23/2010 and I called TU on 6/23/20, exactly 6 months, and it was gone the next day. My TU Fico8 went from 733 to 758.

Experian is known to EE 1-4 months early and I had planned to call them July 23, but they automatically removed it in late June, my EX Fico 8 went from 723 to 753. I opened 3 new CC accounts in Feb./March which likely is holding my increase down a bit.

Equifax is known to EE only 0-1 months early so I don't plan on bothering with them, not worth the aggravation of dealing with them for maybe 1 month early.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

Team,

My BK7 was filed in JAN11 and was due to fall off in DEC20.  However, I requested an EE on TU last night at 12:00:01 (01JUL20).  I did this on-line and for some reason, the Public Records section of the on-line dispute did NOT give the reason "too old to be on file" as I have seen on charge offs and other baddies.  So I checked the box "dates are incorrect" and in the explaination "I am requesting early removal of the bankruptcy"

I logged in this morning and found the BK7 was deleted.  I do not have an updated score yet but I will post when I get one.  My current F08 TU is 732.   I have waited for 10 years for this day.  I even put 01JUL20 in my iphone calender at the MOC while waiting in the lobby. 

What a wild ride these past 15 years have been.  It started with the 07/08 Financial Crisis when I lost my high-paying job and I could not find a replpacement.  I was building a house but the bank told me I had to sell it as they would not convert the construction loan into a mortgage so was forced to perform a "short sale" and financed the balance.  All the other bills got behind and the financial stress caused a divorce.  During that time, the stress caused medical issues that I was forced to deal with.  A triple whammy for sure. 

A credit counselor told me that since I had no income; a BK7 would wipe everything clean and suggested immediately file.  My Attorney suggested I not look for a job until after the MOC and possibly after the Judgement.  Now 10 years later, I am in the best condition financially, medically and relationship (ex-wife and I remarried).

I have 2 questions:

1) Has anyone had recent success (past month or so) for EE on EX and EQ?  I wonder if they are more flexible during the COVID19 pandemic?

2) Any lucky guesses as what my new score will be?  The closest guess will win a Gold Star in your Sunday School book.

EX is 1 month prior to "on record until" date given on annual credit report. Free to pull all 3 CRs (no scores and free to do weekly thrpugh 4/2021). I would say that makes it probably exactly 3 months from today. They have 3 months EE, but 2 months are already baked into that date, so it should be in Oct 1st you can request it.

Leave EQ alone regarding EE and just let it fall off naturally. You have come nearly 10 years for this, just wait out the last few months. I know it is hard!

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congrats on your TU EE! I got my EE from TU in June, my BK7 filing date was 9/23/2010 and I called TU on 6/23/20, exactly 6 months, and it was gone the next day. My TU Fico8 went from 733 to 758.

Experian is known to EE 1-4 months early and I had planned to call them July 23, but they automatically removed it in late June, my EX Fico 8 went from 723 to 753. I opened 3 new CC accounts in Feb./March which likely is holding my increase down a bit.

Equifax is known to EE only 0-1 months early so I don't plan on bothering with them, not worth the aggravation of dealing with them for maybe 1 month early.

just so you know, you can request EE on the 1st of the month, you do not have to wait for the 23rd, etc., as they only list month/year for "estimated date of removal" and "on record until". That is probably why it fell off naturally.

Congrats on your progress!

Message 4 of 6
cem13
Established Contributor

UPDATE: TU Early Exclusion BK7

The TU F08 has updated.  My score jumped from 735 to 758 (+23 points).  I will take it as it has been one wild ride over the past 15 years.  I would not change a thing.  If it does not kill you, it will make you stronger.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 5 of 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE: TU Early Exclusion BK7

@cem13 wrote:

The TU F08 has updated.  My score jumped from 735 to 758 (+23 points).  I will take it as it has been one wild ride over the past 15 years.  I would not change a thing.  If it does not kill you, it will make you stronger.

Your experience in the last few years was a real roller-coaster ride and making it through is a real inspiration. Congrats on the good things coming your way now!

I second that emotion....

ezgif.com-crop(1).gif

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.