cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Inquiry Weirdness - All Listed as "Collection"

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

TU Inquiry Weirdness - All Listed as "Collection"

So, I signed up for MyFico 3B to check in on things again. I have 26 Inquiries showing on TransUnion, and ALL of them are showing up as "Collection" with a month date, year after it on my 3B report. 

All the EQ and EX inquiries show the actual banks/lenders.

The report also doesn't show any of the inquiries prior to 1 year ago either.

harrumph...

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU Inquiry Weirdness - All Listed as "Collection"

Are you saying that you have inquiries that were made by debt collectors?

Message 2 of 5
Established Contributor

Hi Robert!

It looks like it on MyFico's 3B report for me, but I checked on CCT and it has actual banks (not collections) listed in those spots.

I think it is just an error with MyFico, but it sure did look scary there for a moment. I should probably pull my real TU report (I think I'm due a free one by now) and make sure.

Collections aren't allowed to HP, are they?
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 5
Legendary Contributor

Debt collectors have permissible purpose under FCRA 604 for collection on a debt of the consumer.

The FCRA does not require that inquiries by a debt collector be coded as soft.

Debt collectors will often code as soft, not to remove the inquiry from effect on a consumer's scoring, but rather to remove it from being shown in most credit reports, and thus making the consumer aware of their monitoring.   They are permitted to code as hard.......

Message 4 of 5
Senior Contributor

All of my inquries from creditors (not debt collectors, Robert) report as collections as well on myfico TU reports.

It must be a system glitch. I called TU and they assured me that they are not reflecting collections.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.