cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Mysteriously Deleted All my Inquiries! What TU cards to apply for?

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

TU Mysteriously Deleted All my Inquiries! What TU cards to apply for?

Hey Guys,

Very strange- I checked my TU credit report today for the first time in about a week and all my TU inquiries are gone. They didn't time out, rather they just vanished. While I only had 5 inquiries it's still really cool. I didn't dispute them or anything like that. I would never dispute anything frivolously. They deleted them on their own initiative. I'm expecting them to show back up because my luck hasn't been that good lately, haha. Has anyone ever witnessed this? Do you think they'll be tacked back on?

So, what cards pull TU mainly? Thinking about getting a Barclay's WEMC. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
19 REPLIES 19
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Re: TU Mysteriously Deleted All my Inquiries! What TU cards to apply for?

I just checked tonight, mine came back!!! ALL OF IT! Smiley Sad 

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 2 of 20
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

I just checked tonight, mine came back!!! ALL OF IT! Smiley Sad 

Oh no!! It happened up you, too? And they came back?! Bummer haha. My gf's were never deleted and her TU report looks normal.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read something about the buffer field that TU was using on their computers.  It was set for onluy X number of inquiries, HP and SP.  If it filled up with SPs, it used to drop the HPs.  They fixed it quite awhile ago.  Might be a bug related to that.

Message 4 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey Guys,

Very strange- I checked my TU credit report today for the first time in about a week and all my TU inquiries are gone. They didn't time out, rather they just vanished. While I only had 5 inquiries it's still really cool. I didn't dispute them or anything like that. I would never dispute anything frivolously. They deleted them on their own initiative. I'm expecting them to show back up because my luck hasn't been that good lately, haha. Has anyone ever witnessed this? Do you think they'll be tacked back on?

So, what cards pull TU mainly? Thinking about getting a Barclay's WEMC. 

Don't worry...they'll all come back.  Stick around here long enough and you'll see post of such evey now and again.  It's happened to me on more than one occasion where they'll go away...but within a couple of days they'll be right back there to greet you with a smile.  It's a known TU glitch...

Message 5 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Lol don't get too excited, happened to me yesterday and I'm certainly not banking on it either granted I gained an extra 20 points (had 12 inq). I know that damn thing gon be back soon

image.jpeg

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. Well, while  your inquiries are at 0 with TU, this is a ripe time to get TU piulled  CREDIT CARDS!

Message 7 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Was thinking the same but in the end even if approved when they come back will still have extra inq and another account. I dont want another new account right now as i have too many recent ones that have affected my aaoa.Smiley Happy Just need to gold off and let all my accounts age so those pesky inqs fall off. But it was awesome getting the 20- 30 point jump and seeing that nice 0 on my TU report.hahahaSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL. Well, while  your inquiries are at 0 with TU, this is a ripe time to get TU piulled  CREDIT CARDS!

In my area very few lenders pull TU.  Synchrony is about the only one and I have enough of their products already. EQ seems to be the bureau of choice around here. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a post like this at least once a week. It should be put into a the Forum FAQ (if there is one).... "Pulls will sometimes fall off TU but show up days later. Remain calm."

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.