cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU and EQ standing at 780 for more than 1.5 months.

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

TU and EQ standing at 780 for more than 1.5 months.

I have a question on TU and EQ.

almost 1.5 months, i dont see those numbers changing on TU and EQ. Despite bringing down the overall credit debt month on month.

whereas EX has jumped to 808  a week before.

What it takes to bump up on TU and EQ scores to 800.

Even CK shows same 780 on both TU and EQ.

Reports are clean, no inqs in last 15 months. 35+ accounts. 1 car loan in progress.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU and EQ standing at 780 for more than 1.5 months.

Where are you getting your scores from?  Ignore CK scores, as they are VS 3.0 and not FICO.  Comparing CK scores to FICO scores is comparing apples to oranges.

As far as paying debt down, understand that you're only going to see score improvements when your utilization crosses different thresholds... like 9%, 29%, 49%, etc.  If you list all of your credit cards with their current balances/limits we can offer up some advice on if there are any ways to lower your utilization across thresholds faster.  Aggregate utilization is always more important to individual card utilization.  Scores do stall out sometimes based on what bucket you are in for example.  My TU score has been exactly the same for 9 months, so it happens.

Message 2 of 7
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you getting your scores from?  Ignore CK scores, as they are VS 3.0 and not FICO.  Comparing CK scores to FICO scores is comparing apples to oranges.

As far as paying debt down, understand that you're only going to see score improvements when your utilization crosses different thresholds... like 9%, 29%, 49%, etc.  If you list all of your credit cards with their current balances/limits we can offer up some advice on if there are any ways to lower your utilization across thresholds faster.  Aggregate utilization is always more important to individual card utilization.  Scores do stall out sometimes based on what bucket you are in for example.  My TU score has been exactly the same for 9 months, so it happens.

Yeah true. CK is not the main source for my fico scores. BOFA/Cap 1/Discover gives TU, Amex gives EX, Penfed/Citi gives EQ.

Consistently TU scores for last 1.5 months is same. no ups/downs.

My overall util in TU is 2%, EQ is 3%

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ill take your scores over mine anydaySmiley Wink lol, my TU staid at 724 3 months straight so....
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've still got you guys beat with 9 months of the same TU score Smiley Wink

I'm dirty on TU though, which I believe is a factor in my score not moving since IMO it's "maxed out" for my dirty bucket at 764.  My EX and EQ scores (clean bucket) have moved up and down over the same span of time, hanging out in the 805-835 range... currently 811/829.  I'm not sure my 764 on TU will move at all until my final baddie falls off there, which is still several years away.  I've been hammering away at that creditor though with GW letters, so with any luck I'll get it removed early at some point.

Message 5 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Just a note, Cap1 TU score isn't a Fico score.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, Cap One "Credit Wise" provides the same run of the mill VS 3.0 TU score that you get from CK, CS, Chase Journey, etc.  TU VS 3.0 by far has got to be the most common score provided for free out there.  It's a shame it's not a more usable one.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.