Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU dropped 91 pts!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU dropped 91 pts!!

This might be in the wrong forum, if it is, mod please move it. I've been putting my fiancée as AU on a few of my accts, two cap ones (160$ balance on 1k cl 350 balance on 1250), Amex zync, Victoria secret 0 balance and macys 0 balance. She has an HSBC 300 balance on 600, cap one 369$ on 500 cl. Her score was previously 603 on TU and 587 on EQ. Just bought myfico reports for her earlier and her TU score is 512 with her accts as AU shown on the report, EQ score is same with no new accts reported. We've decided to focus on paying off her collection as it is only 1k all together and then send GW letters. We are livid her TU score has dropped so much! Is it bc of new accts being reported?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: TU dropped 91 pts!!

How old are the 5 accounts that you added her onto as an AU?  How old are the accounts that she already had?  

Without knowing I'd guess that the AAoA might have dropped and hurt her, not sure if that could do that much damage though.  Did the AU accounts have any lates?

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Her march scores for TU is 603, EQ is 587. April scores TU is 512, EQ is 587.
Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

How old were the accounts?

Are there any baddies included?

What was the before and after util?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@modernsurrender wrote:

How old are the 5 accounts that you added her onto as an AU?  How old are the accounts that she already had?  

Without knowing I'd guess that the AAoA might have dropped and hurt her, not sure if that could do that much damage though.  Did the AU accounts have any lates?

The 5 acts I added her on Amex zync (backdated to 2006) , cap 1 (2007), cap 1 (2010) , VS ad Macy's are brand new, just opined this month. Her own two accts are orchard HSBC (opened 2/2011) and cap1 (opened 1/2012)
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

We calculated before I added her on, uti is at 24%, even less now as we just rushed to pay all of them off. No lates last 12-18 mos, same 4 collections that'll be PFD soon
Message 6 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see how you can lose 91 based on what you posted. Maybe 20-30 for the new accounts.

OP, line up both reports. Start with the pos/neg factors. What changed?

Message 7 of 13
orl22
New Contributor

This might be possible. I added my wife to my Walmart Discover card and according to Myfico, she went from 719 to 703. That's a 16 point drop. Multiply that by 5 and you have about 80 points drop. So it might be possible. The range of her lost is close.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This might be in the wrong forum, if it is, mod please move it. I've been putting my fiancée as AU on a few of my accts, two cap ones (160$ balance on 1k cl 350 balance on 1250), Amex zync, Victoria secret 0 balance and macys 0 balance. She has an HSBC 300 balance on 600, cap one 369$ on 500 cl. Her score was previously 603 on TU and 587 on EQ. Just bought myfico reports for her earlier and her TU score is 512 with her accts as AU shown on the report, EQ score is same with no new accts reported. We've decided to focus on paying off her collection as it is only 1k all together and then send GW letters. We are livid her TU score has dropped so much! Is it bc of new accts being reported?

Hate to say it, but your accounts dropped her score.  If those accounts are younger than her AAOA, that's probably what did it.

Message 9 of 13
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hate to say it, but your accounts dropped her score.  If those accounts are younger than her AAOA, that's probably what did it.

+1

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.