cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU is not reporting my car loan I got 2 years ago. Is this normal ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is not reporting my car loan I got 2 years ago. Is this normal ?

I know installment loans are very important in the overall credit scoring math system. I have had this loan for 2 year now through pegasus credit union. EQ and EX both show this loan, but TU does not. Should I be concerned ? My TU score is 690 and my EQ is 673, EX is 714. Should I contact TU and tell them to add it on then ? How do I go about doing this. Thanks as always. N
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU is not reporting my car loan I got 2 years ago. Is this normal ?

Credit Unions don't always report to all 3 reports.
My friend has a credit union that reports is loan ONLY to EQ, big help there for the other 2! NOT

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 06-03-2008 10:37 AM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting. I'm sure it is hurting me...but doesnt make sense since my TU score is 690 and equifax is 673...and equifax IS reporting the car loan. Strange.
Message 3 of 7
FICOfanatic
Valued Member

Is this normal practices of Credit Unions on installment loans?  I just noticed Experian is missing my current car loan and all previous installment loans from this credit union. If I am not mistaken, Experian is my lowest FICO score.  I will pull another report by July 31st to confirm.

Should I call Experian to get them to contact my credit union about reporting it?  This is probably missing with my credit mix.  I have 2 installments for my mortgage, 5 revolving cards and car loan that isn't being reported.  The car loan I have had since Dec. 06 so there is a big difference between the "high balance" and the current amount owed.  Is this effecting my average age of accounts? 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOfanatic wrote:
Is this normal practices of Credit Unions on installment loans?  I just noticed Experian is missing my current car loan and all previous installment loans from this credit union. If I am not mistaken, Experian is my lowest FICO score.  I will pull another report by July 31st to confirm.

Should I call Experian to get them to contact my credit union about reporting it?  This is probably missing with my credit mix.  I have 2 installments for my mortgage, 5 revolving cards and car loan that isn't being reported.  The car loan I have had since Dec. 06 so there is a big difference between the "high balance" and the current amount owed.  Is this effecting my average age of accounts? 

Not every single creditor reports to all three bureaus. The bureaus have nothing to do with regards to your Credit Union reporting so calling them will only get you directed back to your Credit Union. You might want to ask your Credit Union to see if infact they dont report to the other two, but in the end its a business decision that they make to not report to the other two.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can only be added by the lender and they must report to that CRA. Contact your credit union and request that they report it if they can.
Message 6 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

They probably do not report to all credit bureaus is my guess. Wanna bet they would report to all three if you had late pays on that installment loan? pizza are you willing to give this idea a try and let us know the results? Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.