cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU score dropped 110 points ! why

tag
timmyc38

TU score dropped 110 points ! why

my credit scores have been going up and up , over the 6 months.. today , my TU score dropped 110 points! One change was added, a retail card for 250 . I also got a discover it card, for 1200 which has not posted yet .. my EQ went up 3 , same change to report ..

So im at TU 535  EQ -  647  EX 649 --- what the heck happened? no negatives, just this new retail card .. now I dread when the DISCOVER reports

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU score dropped 110 points ! why

@timmyc38 wrote:

my credit scores have been going up and up , over the 6 months.. today , my TU score dropped 110 points! One change was added, a retail card for 250 . I also got a discover it card, for 1200 which has not posted yet .. my EQ went up 3 , same change to report ..

So im at TU 535  EQ -  647  EX 649 --- what the heck happened? no negatives, just this new retail card .. now I dread when the DISCOVER reports

Where are you getting your scores from?  Here?  If this is a real FICO score, one card being added wouldn't lower your score 110 points so there must be something else affecting your TU score.  If it is a FICO score, I'd pull your entire TU report from them and see what is showing in it.

Message 2 of 13
timmyc38

nerdwallet - and when credit karma updates, it usually shows the exact same thing - my experian FICO was just sent to me by discover - 649 and my EQ went up on credit karma 3 points to 647 ..

I find credit karma and nerd to be accurate somewhat - now im scared when DISCOVER shows up on my report, for even more drops  - 100% payment history , one collection 5 years old -- 110 drop is crazy -- would too much new accounts have this huge affect ? I mean my other scores went up . except TU

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmyc38 wrote:

nerdwallet - and when credit karma updates, it usually shows the exact same thing - my experian FICO was just sent to me by discover - 649 and my EQ went up on credit karma 3 points to 647 ..

I find credit karma and nerd to be accurate somewhat - now im scared when DISCOVER shows up on my report, for even more drops  - 100% payment history , one collection 5 years old -- 110 drop is crazy -- would too much new accounts have this huge affect ? I mean my other scores went up . except TU

It's a Vantage score.  Wouldn't worry about it as no one is using that scoring version.  Those sites are good for viewing certain parts of your credit report but for the most part meaningless when it comes to scores.  Discover uses FICO 08 scores so I wouldn't be concerned at all.  You may see some score drop due to a new account but it wont be very much.

Message 4 of 13
timmyc38

thanks, one new account added as mentioned and a 100 point drop! knew it couldnt be right

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmyc38 wrote:

- 100% payment history

If you are taking that quote from CK, know that their "payment history" only looks at the last 1-2 years of your payment history and not the full 7 years that FICO scoring looks at.  It's possible to have "100% payment history" on CK, yet have a credit report that's absolutely littered with delinquencies.  Just one of the many ways that CK "fluff" software is misleading.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at CK today and it said that my overall accounts on transunion dropped by $129,975.00!! ...ummm...apparently they aren't listing either of my mortgages today for some reason?  ...and guess what....my score ....WENT DOWN BY 49 POINTS! ...**bleep**!!

Message 7 of 13
timmyc38

hm.. so im not the only one having this TU issue - if I call them will that achieve anything ?

Message 8 of 13
timmyc38

funny thing, when I use the CK credit simulator, it says adding new credit card for 1500 would drop my score 60 more points - is this not unheard of ?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I looked at CK today and it said that my overall accounts on transunion dropped by $129,975.00!! ...ummm...apparently they aren't listing either of my mortgages today for some reason?  ...and guess what....my score ....WENT DOWN BY 49 POINTS! ...**bleep**!!

Keep in mind that your CK scores are VS 3.0 scores, not FICO scores.  Don't worry about those scores.  I'm sure when your mortgages re-report due to this glitch or whatever is going on you're profile will return to how it was prior.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.