Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taken off authorized accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taken off authorized accounts

Hey guys! Question for you.. I'm 19, an "entreprenuer" and have a 763 credit score on CK. I was put on my Grandma's credit card that is 18 years old and she has a 830+ score. She opened up another card about a year ago and put me on that as well. She's 80 years old and to be 100% honest - kind of curious what's going to happen to my score after something happens to her? I have CF, Discover it, CSP, and am going to be applying for amex gold here soon.

I was a dropshipper since I was 16 and have made a considerable amount of money. I'm looking to buy my first 8 unit building (RE Investment) within the next year. I want to be a real estate developer. So my credit is incredibly important obviously.

What's going to happen? Thx guys

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Taken off authorized accounts

Not knowing your credit report, if you crossed a threshold, you should see a score increase or decrease with increased/decreased AAoA Average Age of Accounts.

The 18 year old card is an asset, if utilization is optimized. The 1 year old card, not so much.
Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

In addition, I'm not sure for commercial real estate, they may or may not consider the AU account. That's something you'll need to check into.

Get your 3 bureaus FICO 8 + EX FICO 2 scores at creditchecktotal.com (part of Experian) for $1. Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid reoccurring charge.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old are your accounts? That's what truly matters if/when the AU card falls off. Because it's generating age util and dept factors.

The 18 year old card will help, as long as there's no utilization. But I doubt that it will be considered too much in any credit granting decisons. 

When it does fall off, you will lose the age boost. Since you already have a few prime cards, i doubt the loss would mean that much. TBH

By the time this happens you should be well on your way to an aging file.

I also suggest getting your true Fico scores to get a better picture. I'd also caution against getting too many new CC's right now, depending on the age of current accounts. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.