Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Liens to Be Removed **UPDATE**

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Tax Liens to Be Removed **UPDATE**

1. Last July, The three principal CRAs agreed to remove a number of civil collections and about 50% of tax liens. TU later changed course and refused to remove tax liens and many of us were left to go through a long involved process to get them to remove the liens from our reports. Now, beginning April 16th, it appears that all three CRAs are going to take down the tax liens. I've been in a lawsuit with the IRS for 7 years. This is a welcome move and should finally boost my TU score, since it was depressed by the lien much lower than my other two scores. Here's a link to the CNBC story. Many other stories on this subject can be found on Google.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/credit-scores-may-jump-as-tax-liens-disappear-from-reports.html

**UPDATE**

MYFico, Experian, TransUnion (worthless service), CreditCheckTotal, Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Credit.com and just about everything else is just achingly slow updating your data. Happily, today at 8:00 a.m., 4/15/18 (the date tax liens were scheduled to be removed from all CRAs) little Wallet Hub sent me an email informing me that my last federal tax lien derog had been removed from TU. My entire credit record is now as spotless as a baby's bottom. (I've never liked that phrase!) I had removed the WH icon from my phone because I find all the free services as unnecessary as TU's paid site (which gives a Fako score) and has no record of the lien removal. I'm putting Wallet Hub back on.

My 3 FICO scores have taken a small dip lately as a result of a mini-spree and 3 HPs. Now, with this lien removed, all baddies gone, a perfect payment record (made a bit of a mistake 2 months ago!), a 130% jump in total credit and my Util is a hair above zero, while my AAoA is probably just at 1 year. I'm expecting an upward score jolt. When I exit the garden in two years, I'm going to be looking good.

UPDATE to the **UPDATE**:  CapOne's Creditwise just got it. TU Fako went up 32.

Saludos amigos!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.