cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax rebate checks coming a bit earlier!

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tax rebate checks coming a bit earlier!

$3.36 you lucky!!!!!!!!!!!! i havent seen that gas price since thanksgiving 2007
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 31 of 44
momof2
Frequent Contributor

$4.07, ouch is that for cheap gas or for like chevron? our diesil is hitting $4.25
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid $3.89/gallon yesterday, and that was cheaper than usual because I waited til I got far outside San Diego County to the little lower desert town I was visiting...

Gas prices are the ONE reason I'm allowing my DH to move us back to GA where he's from, once he retires....
Message 33 of 44
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Looks like May 5th for me! Cant wait and it couldnt come at a better time!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 04-26-2008 09:20 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 34 of 44
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
I'm getting a horse and buggy.

HA! You know I just saw a buggy at this little antique store place and thought you know that is what I need.

My luck the dang horse would die on me!

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-26-2008 10:19 AM
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
I'm getting a horse and buggy.

Funny!! But then again, do you know what it cost to feed a horse??? Gas may be cheaper.
Message 37 of 44
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Paid $3.39 a couple of days ago. With the 5% PenFed rebate, that will work out to be $3.22. Smiley Wink

Here's a category of people gypped out of stimulus checks, and I can't find anyone who seems to be addressing it: our two daughters are still counted as dependents on our taxes. The oldest graduated from college in 2007 and is doing volunteer work, with her residence still at home (last year for her), and her younger sister is still in college. Naturally they are both over 16, so we don't get any extra for them. But since they are each counted as dependents, neither gets a stimulus check, despite the fact that they have part-time income and would otherwise qualify.

So we don't get a check for them (which is fine), as they are over 16, but they don't get a check, because they're counted as dependents. How does THAT makes sense?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of it doesn't make sense to me hauling. IMO  any disable vet should get the max  not the min.
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular 87 octane was was 3.44 yesterday and 3.45 today. Our prices change daily here... and we are supposedly the lowest prices in the US because we have the lowest gas tax. Don't look like it. As for the stimulus rebates I didn't get it the last time the issued them back in 01 or 02, I didn't qualify with 2 dependents and I made way under the qualifying income. H&R Block for ya... I do my taxes myself now so maybe I will get it this time with 1 dependent..... 
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.