AMERICAN DEBT COLLECTION 285899 DELETED

CITIBANK  DELETED

NCO - MEDCLEAR 20588029 DELETED

NCO - MEDCLEAR 21020775 DELETED

NCO - MEDCLEAR 27438420 DELETED

NCO - MEDCLEAR 29329159 DELETED

NCO - MEDCLEAR 29798562 DELETED

FIRST SAVINGS CREDT CARD  DELETED

My Score went up 12 Points my TU is at 540 now. I am so happy after having a very rough morning.  I still have some work to do on items that were supposedly verified but I have had great success so far.

Message Edited by Singlemom_gigi on 05-21-2007 06:35 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Thank you all!!! TU dispute results in finally

Congrats.  I have found that TU is the easiest to deal with.  Now their only complaint with me is that I use 19% of my $5,000 credit lines  Smiley Very Happy and my score is 782
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats:- )  , you had several negative items removed!!!!
Message 4 of 11
jandj
New Contributor

So I see you had quite a few things from NCO on your credit also.  I have 4 items on my CR from them that I know are totally bogus.  If you don't mind me asking, did they do the same thing to you?  I'm in the process of disputing them right now....
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG YES!! I had a slew of NCO on my TU and EQ and I never knew anything about them. They were all deleted on TU, I am still waiting on EQ. Another one just showed up on EQ so Iam disputing. I have always had insurance and never received a letter so I dont get it.
Message 6 of 11
jandj
New Contributor

From everything I've found online, they are an INCREDIBLY shady company.  It disgusts me that they can just put random crap on credit reports for accounts that never even existed.  I've considered contacting a lawyer because I don't feel that they did this solely "by accident" from everything that I've read about them....
Message 7 of 11
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Isn't it a most WONDERFUL feeling!!!  Congratulation!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received two notices regarding NCO and being included in a class action law suit. It had to do with Cap one. I have a copy of the paperwork in my house. It was regarding a letter that was sent out last year in the state of PA. They deleted everything that they had on my CR just recently. Before I went into credit hell I had a few Cap one cards and I tried working out payment arrangements which never happened and come to find out that when I ws dialing :Cap 1's" customer service number I was automatically being transferred to NCO and the rep actually claimed to be a rep for Cap 1. It was only after I thought I had a resolution with them that I had asked to have something in writing faxed to me before I made payment that I wasnt dealing at all with Capital One but with NCO and the resolution wasnt even close to the terms I negotiated. He told me that CAp 1 owned them and had the rights to neigotiate there collection accts. I know that there was definitely some very shady dealings going on there but who has the time to fight and argue, I definitely dont and that is why I have the problems I have.

Credit is great when you can pay for it but sometimes life deals a curveball and everything changes and thats where there needs to be some type of reform. Its a lot harder to get out of the hole as it is to get in it. The worse your credit gets the worse the terms get and they are predators. Instead of making it easier for people who have legitimate hardship it only gets harder. If you buy a car at 18% the payment is about 500 per month, at 8% its about 350. Hows that help anyone. I think credit should be collateral based and everyone should have access to better interest rates if they have the adaquate collateral. Granted a lot of people just cant manage their debt but for those of us who can and just have an unexpected life event it just not fair and if people had to put something up they would be less likely not to pay for it.

Sorry for the long winded post but I get a sour taste in my mouth when talking about NCO etc, because they out and out ncan make your life more miserable than it probably is when times get tough.

But anyway congratulations and hopefully you wont have to worry about ever having to do it again.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.  Keep up the great work...Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.