Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you and questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and questions

First, I want to say I Love this site. I think Im officially addicted to it.I wish I found this a long time ago.My husband and I were married young and used alot of bad judgement regarding our credit,but we have been working very hard to rebuild everything in the hopes to purchase a new home soon, heres our story since I found my fico:
Last year I paid off some old collections on my husbands credit (wish I knew about pfd then)
since my fico I actually had three of the paid collections deleted from his report.
We had a forclosure judgement on our credit from 4-2001 --it just fell off experian.but Iresearched the filing dates and it was filed 2-2001 so I disputed the dates w/ TU and EQ.It was deleted from TU ,but still waiting for EQ, disputed on 2-8-08 do you think that is a good sign it has taken so long? trans union deleted in 3 days.
As for my credit, when I started repair last year when I first pulled my cr the only thing showing was old student loans that did default but got paid in 2004.Then within a few months,a bill from AFNI popped up for 400.00 from a old  Verizon account, from 2001 that I was certain I paid, so I called Verizon and they had no record I owed anything,so I disputed it but they validated it, I have not paid this yet because Im certain I paid this,but I read alot about Afni and fraud accounts does anybody know what I should do now?another thing that popped up was a mci bill that I knew I paid,So I disputed--it was deleted.There is also a old library collection for Unique collections it is mine but I disputed hoping there would not be a record, but they validated, it is from 2003,should i pay this or is past sol.And lastley I started getting collection letters, one was in my maiden name(ive been married for 15 years) this was not on my cr but I was afraid it would show up so I paid it (before myfico,I now know that was defiantly past sol) One more collection letter from a credit card I think from 1997,again not on my cr, but I called them a few months ago planning to make a payment,then I discovered my ficon and now know its past sol, so now they sent me another letter since I did not pay, can they now put this on my cr? Sorry this is so long,but as I said I think Im addicted to this site,there are so many smary people and it so encouraging!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you and questions

bdbhg5 wrote:
First, I want to say I Love this site. I think Im officially addicted to it.I wish I found this a long time ago.My husband and I were married young and used alot of bad judgement regarding our credit,but we have been working very hard to rebuild everything in the hopes to purchase a new home soon, heres our story since I found my fico:
Last year I paid off some old collections on my husbands credit (wish I knew about pfd then)
since my fico I actually had three of the paid collections deleted from his report.
We had a forclosure judgement on our credit from 4-2001 --it just fell off experian.but Iresearched the filing dates and it was filed 2-2001 so I disputed the dates w/ TU and EQ.It was deleted from TU ,but still waiting for EQ, disputed on 2-8-08 do you think that is a good sign it has taken so long? trans union deleted in 3 days.
As for my credit, when I started repair last year when I first pulled my cr the only thing showing was old student loans that did default but got paid in 2004.Then within a few months,a bill from AFNI popped up for 400.00 from a old  Verizon account, from 2001 that I was certain I paid, so I called Verizon and they had no record I owed anything,so I disputed it but they validated it, I have not paid this yet because Im certain I paid this,but I read alot about Afni and fraud accounts does anybody know what I should do now?another thing that popped up was a mci bill that I knew I paid,So I disputed--it was deleted.There is also a old library collection for Unique collections it is mine but I disputed hoping there would not be a record, but they validated, it is from 2003,should i pay this or is past sol.And lastley I started getting collection letters, one was in my maiden name(ive been married for 15 years) this was not on my cr but I was afraid it would show up so I paid it (before myfico,I now know that was defiantly past sol) One more collection letter from a credit card I think from 1997,again not on my cr, but I called them a few months ago planning to make a payment,then I discovered my ficon and now know its past sol, so now they sent me another letter since I did not pay, can they now put this on my cr? Sorry this is so long,but as I said I think Im addicted to this site,there are so many smary people and it so encouraging!

You can always send a GW letter to collection's that were paid on your husband's report.

Check for your SOL here:

IF you are past SOL, send DV to AFNI and old CCC

CERTIFIED MAIL #: _______________________________________________________
Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode
Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode
Date:
Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #
To Whom It May Concern:
I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.
Best Regards,
Your Name

Send it CMRRR and do not sign your name-only type it!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a FOAD letter for any CA's trying to collect on 15 year old debt. They cannot place it on your reports.

Don't pay any more collection's until you first send a DV to them. You may not owe for it.

Post back here if you need additional help or questions!!

ETA: Post on Unique Collections:

Message Edited by stef37 on 02-22-2008 05:20 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.