Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you myFico!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you myFico!

After lurking for a while on the forums I finally decided to officially join. At 46 years old, I think I finally get it! Using credit cards has always given me a natural high and that feel good moment of owning a new toy or whatever I purchased. After struggling for years to make just my minimum payments I have recently been as you guys put it "gardening" for a little while and getting my debt paid down. I honestly could not have done it without all of the knowledgable members in these forums. Thank you to everyone for all your insights and wisdom. I highly recommend any new members to read, read, read when you join!! What a stress reliever knowing how close I am to finally feeling like I have succeeded in life!

I have about 2 more months and all of my credit card debt will be paid off. My CK FAKO scores are currently 732 TU and 721 EX which is a huge improvement from where I was at just 12 months ago. I figured I would pull all 3 FICO once all of my cc debt is paid off, of course I will keep 1 credit card with a small balance (under 7% uti). I currently don't have a car payment and only have $12K left on my mortgage (2 years) and I will be debt free! I do have a few lates and 1 collection that I'm trying to get removed by GW letters.

My current car is 10 years old and I was thinking of buying a new one (actually will be a used one) in 2 years. The question I have is should I purchase the car a few months before paying off my house? I figured I would lose a few points when I pay off my house since I will essentially be debt free at that point but wasn't sure if the point drop would be dramatic or not.  What are your thoughts?

US BANK - $5K, VENTURE - $7.5K, AMEX BLUE - $2K, CAP 1 PLAT - $3.5K, CAP 1 PLAT - $2.8K, CAP 1 PLAT (HSBC) - $750, MERRICK - $2.7K, JCP - $1.5K, JUNIPER - $650, DELL - $5K, PAYPAL - $1.7K, AAoA - 8yrs + 9mo. FICO Goal 800

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you myFico!

@Anonymous wrote:

After lurking for a while on the forums I finally decided to officially join. At 46 years old, I think I finally get it! Using credit cards has always given me a natural high and that feel good moment of owning a new toy or whatever I purchased. After struggling for years to make just my minimum payments I have recently been as you guys put it "gardening" for a little while and getting my debt paid down. I honestly could not have done it without all of the knowledgable members in these forums. Thank you to everyone for all your insights and wisdom. I highly recommend any new members to read, read, read when you join!! What a stress reliever knowing how close I am to finally feeling like I have succeeded in life!

I have about 2 more months and all of my credit card debt will be paid off. My CK FAKO scores are currently 732 TU and 721 EX which is a huge improvement from where I was at just 12 months ago. I figured I would pull all 3 FICO once all of my cc debt is paid off, of course I will keep 1 credit card with a small balance (under 7% uti). I currently don't have a car payment and only have $12K left on my mortgage (2 years) and I will be debt free! I do have a few lates and 1 collection that I'm trying to get removed by GW letters.

My current car is 10 years old and I was thinking of buying a new one (actually will be a used one) in 2 years. The question I have is should I purchase the car a few months before paying off my house? I figured I would lose a few points when I pay off my house since I will essentially be debt free at that point but wasn't sure if the point drop would be dramatic or not.  What are your thoughts?

US BANK - $5K, VENTURE - $7.5K, AMEX BLUE - $2K, CAP 1 PLAT - $3.5K, CAP 1 PLAT - $2.8K, CAP 1 PLAT (HSBC) - $750, MERRICK - $2.7K, JCP - $1.5K, JUNIPER - $650, DELL - $5K, PAYPAL - $1.7K, AAoA - 8yrs + 9mo. FICO Goal 800

Welcome to the forums and continued good luck in your journey to improve your scores.

As for your question, ultimately I don't think it will matter whether you buy the car beforehand or not.  Your score probably will drop when you pay your mortgage off but it's impossible to know how much.  It certainly won't be enough by itself to prevent you from buying the car.  When you are ready to purchase your vehicle pull the  3 bureau report here and it will show you your auto enchanced scores and you'll have a much better idea on where you stand.  Then work in getting a ore approved loan or two before the purchase and you will be in a great position.  When you're ready visit the auto credit forum where there are lots of people that can guide you to great banks/credit unions for your preapprovals.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Irish80 for the auto loan advice.  It's going to be a long 2 years of gardening!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to join to say "Thank you!" for taking the time to teach us how to navigate the maze of credit. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.