cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks ID-Theft Protection, for nothing?

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Thanks ID-Theft Protection, for nothing?

I was in a little panic when I received an email alert from the company I use to Protect My Id (EX) telling me there is an alert regarding a CAP1  account which was reported on EX today.  It gave me an option to dispute the item and everything and I was like oh boy, this mess could not come at a worse time.  So, I hurried and pulled another report from here and there was almost nothing different.  I had just pulled the EX by coincidence a few days ago too so, I mean almost nothing was different on the entire report, except a tiny balance reported today on the Cap1 CC (I use it every so often and PIF to keep active, but payment didn't beat the reporting this time).  Everything else was the same, including the score.   So, for the free peace of mind (got it because of the Target breach for free), I was instructed to purchase a report, which was all for not apparently.  Oh well, part of me says better safe than sorry, but the other part says cancel the service.

Edit - To clarify, the alert was for a "potentially negative item reported"

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.