Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 4 credit card bureaus...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 4 credit card bureaus...

I was on Facebook yesterday and a Discover credit card ad was in my feed. A person asked in the comments which bureau they pulled for applications. One of the reps replied that they could pull any of the 4 or a combination of the 4: Experian, Equifax, Transunion or Innovis. That's the first time I've heard of Innovis. Has anyone had Discover pull Innovis? I haven't searched yet, but I'm sure it's been discussed here.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: The 4 credit card bureaus...

@Anonymous wrote:
I was on Facebook yesterday and a Discover credit card ad was in my feed. A person asked in the comments which bureau they pulled for applications. One of the reps replied that they could pull any of the 4 or a combination of the 4: Experian, Equifax, Transunion or Innovis. That's the first time I've heard of Innovis. Has anyone had Discover pull Innovis? I haven't searched yet, but I'm sure it's been discussed here.

I had never heard of them until I read your post.  I did a little digging and found this article from 2017. Hmmmm

https://www.banks.com/articles/credit/credit-bureau/

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 2 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I do remember Innovis as a name earlier in Discovers history, but it wasn't a CRA. That's a new one to me.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Innovis is a CRA, but I have never heard of them being used for Discover apps or any other CC app to be honest. 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I will be ordering one. Previous threads indicate, as well as the article you posted, that not a lot of info is on them.
I was reading into it a little yesterday, and I thought "Really!! Really?? Now there's another one I have to learn about??!! Bah!! ".
But it seems like this one could be one to check every once in a while, and not monitor so much. Maybe.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I would have taken a SS, although, I'm not sure if I have the ability to post pictures.
In all the past/present threads I've read here, I've never come across it being mentioned.
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They’re more often used for mortgages; if you get your credit pulled by a mortgage lender it might say innovis on the inquiry.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, thanks, that's good to know.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be interested if anyone can summarize for us the known CC issuers and lenders that have ever pulled Innovis, whether a hard pull or soft pull.  (The only way to figure out the soft pull piece is for a group of people to request their personal Innovis report and track it against the dates of known credit applications that they made.  I'd be glad to help with that if you like.)

Also helpful would be for someone to scour the web for people posting about the Innovis question.  Here is a start.... I simply googled Who uses Innovis?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=who+uses+innovis%3F

If our OP wants to read through the top dozen articles in that search, including and especially the myFICO posts it found, that might be helpful.  For example, this person mentions Barclays and then other people chime in and mention US Bank, Cap One, etc.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/You-Wont-Believe-The-Lender-That-Pull-Innovis...

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was reading into it a little yesterday, and I thought "Really!! Really?? Now there's another one I have to learn about??!!

CnC has hit on the "real" question.  I.e...

I knew I should track my EX, EQ, and TU reports.  What other reports should I track and how often?

I'll see if I can put together a guide in the next few days to help people make the decision that is right for them.  There are many reports that I think every person should pull at least once every four years.  (Some reports more often depending on your situation and temperament.)  Those include: 

Sagestream

ARS (Advanced Resolution Services)

Early Warning Services

ChexSystems

LexisNexis

Innovis

The Work Number

National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange

You can see a detailed list here, updated for 2019:

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.