Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 4 credit card bureaus...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The 4 credit card bureaus...

Hi Sarge.  The risk in never pulling the other reports (not even once in your life) is not confined to the possibility that you might get rejected in some future CC approval.  If that was the only risk I'd be on board with your advice.

But the other reports have some really valuable stuff on them that has nothing to do with future CC approvals.  The LexisNexis CLUE report will have valuable info on auto-related issues (accidents, speeding tickets, etc.) that an insurer could see.  EVS and ChexSystems will have valuable info on checking and savings accounts.  My NCTUE report (National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange) revealed that a totally different person had been wrongly attached to my report in terms of his cell-phone bill -- correcting that with NCTUE fended off a possible collection if that person stopped paying his bill.  The Work Number might have interesting stuff on your work history.  Etc.

My feeling is that all of the CRAs I listed earlier are definitely worth pulling once, and perhaps every 2-5 years moving forward depending on that person's temperament and specific needs.  Again, that's just my take.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point. I've had my data compromised 8 times according to CK and letters I received from 2 of the companies.
Message 22 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Great list CGID. I just looked at mine (Innovis) which is 2 yrs old. Cap1 card/auto, Discover, and Santander Auto is on there and reporting back then. I also have a freeze on them.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.