Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

@ZackAttack wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Updated List, +BB&T Bank

I believe that someone mention Discover too :/

I've noticed that if you don't use the pre-qualify it's Experian

Pre-qualify is Equifax

CL is TU (Fico Score 4)

It's weird how everyone gets different outcomes, I applied for this card in June 2018 and I used the pre-qualify. I got pulled on Equifax  and Experian though.

Message 61 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ZackAttack wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Updated List, +BB&T Bank

I believe that someone mention Discover too :/

I've noticed that if you don't use the pre-qualify it's Experian

Pre-qualify is Equifax

CL is TU (Fico Score 4)

It's weird how everyone gets different outcomes, I applied for this card in June 2018 and I used the pre-qualify. I got pulled on Equifax  and Experian though.

The density of your profile can have an influence on that. Each bank has their own algorithm so a lot of folks will see different results. Folks brand new to credit, or with thin files tend to have multiple pulls. Think of it this way, the bank pulled EX and only found 3 entries (but their algorithm calculates based on 5 entries), so it might by default pull another CRA thinking it might find more there. 

When I was newer to credit I saw double pulls, but I haven't had a double pull in at least 4 years. There's enough on each report that they can make an overwhelming decision based on that report alone. As I went thru my rebuild I noticed that too, but over time you see less and less of it. 

Some folks see it also when they're at borderline approval. To make a final decision they'll see if another report is above or below their 'threshold'. If its above then it lends itself to an approval; if it's below then it leans towards a denial. We'll never really know how each bank operates, but they all have a generic principle driving their 'evaluation process', and it evolves as the consumer base evolves. 

Message 62 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Updated 'Call Out' regarding BB&T based on feedback received

BB&T: This does not happen often but as of 4/15/19 if you check the pre-qualified link ( BB&T PreQual Link ) and get offers (sample results here CiC PreQual Offers, 3 Cards) , accepting that card does not appear to be resulting in a HP. If you submit a cold app fully expect a HP, but many posters have shared, along with at least 2 confirmation calls to the bank directly, that when you 'accept' an offer, it will be approved with a SP

Please recognize these notes are being pulled together by user experiences here in MyFico-land, YMMV. 

Message 63 of 635
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

BB&T: This does not happen often but as of 4/15/19 if you check the pre-qualified link ( BB&T PreQual Link ) and get offers (sample results here CiC PreQual Offers, 3 Cards) , accepting that card does not appear to be resulting in a HP. If you submit a cold app fully expect a HP, but many posters have shared, along with at least 2 confirmation calls to the bank directly, that when you 'accept' an offer, it will be approved with a SP

Please recognize these notes are being pulled together by user experiences here in MyFico-land, YMMV. 

Well, RIP people that aren't in the selective states that the pre-qual gives and need to be 21+.

In the mean time, how is that BofA Cash Rewards Card??? I heard BofA is a bit sneaky to customers.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 64 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Well, RIP people that aren't in the selective states that the pre-qual gives and need to be 21+.

In the mean time, how is that BofA Cash Rewards Card??? I heard BofA is a bit sneaky to customers.

BofA is pretty solid. They aren't known to just give out money or high credit lines because of a strong profile, but instead they invest more of those monies into existing customers with existing accounts. Doesn't mean you couldnt snag one up, but thye are relationship heavy. I applied for CashRewards back in 2015 (no active relationship) and they countered thei partially secured $99/$500 offer. Took and it seemed to never budge. 

Took about 20 months to graduate and when it did I opened up a checking account and used it like bill pay. Paid all my bills and credits with that account, but never stashed any money there. Fast forward a year and my origianl $500 card grew to $10,000 -- and then I added their Premium Rewards cards which grew from $5,000 to $30,000 in about 7-8 months. It'll take time though, they will make you earn it.

Message 65 of 635
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (ABOC) pulled EX Fico2 on me. Live in Georgia.

edited: long day

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 66 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (AMOG) pulled EX Fico2 on me. Live in Georgia.

You know I was just checking them out the other day...Added to the list! 

Message 67 of 635
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (AMOG) pulled EX Fico2 on me. Live in Georgia.

You know I was just checking them out the other day...Added to the list! 

Lending Tree set a hook in my cheek!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 68 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@ZackAttack wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

BofA is pretty solid. They aren't known to just give out money or high credit lines because of a strong profile, but instead they invest more of those monies into existing customers with existing accounts. Doesn't mean you couldnt snag one up, but thye are relationship heavy. I applied for CashRewards back in 2015 (no active relationship) and they countered thei partially secured $99/$500 offer. Took and it seemed to never budge. 

BofA just pulled on me EX instead of TU.  I am in South Carolina. 

Message 69 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA just pulled on me EX instead of TU.  I am in South Carolina. 

That's odd @Dogbert I recently applied for a BofA card and I'm in SC as well, but they pulled TU as normal. I wonder if they fluctuate on the CRA based on the card type. None the less I've updated the list as both being a possible option. Thanks for the intel! 

Message 70 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.